Forums Western Europe United Kingdom Why was I diverted onto the local road instead of staying on the main road?

This topic contains 1 replies, has 2 voice, and was last updated by Ben (HERE Moderator) 10 months, 2 weeks ago
  • Lawrence Freeman

I picked up my new Caravan last week in Twigworth just south of the point indicated on the map and had a route planned to Malvern, this would simply involve staying on the A38 right up to Tewkesbury, however, just 300 meters up the A38 from my starting point, the navigation instructed me to take the left fork onto a residential road, through the houses and then straight back onto the A38. Why would it do this? is there a break in the continuity of the A38 at this point?

Vehicle: 2023 Land Rover Discovery with Pivi Pro running current(latest) nav version.
    note of interest: Navigation option to avoid routes not suitable for trailers or large vehicles selected.

Ben (HERE Moderator)

Hi Lawrence,

There may have been a traffic issue on the A38 route that created a diversion but i cannot investigate that any further unfortunately as the event has passed.

As you can see on the attachment the routing works as expected between Twigworth and Tewkesbury on wego.here.com

https://wego.here.com/directions/drive/A38,-Gloucester,-GL2-9,-United-Kingdom:51.89530,-2.22835/Barton-Road,-Tewkesbury,-GL20-5,-United-Kingdom:51.99302,-2.15202?map=51.93805,-2.00239,12,normal&msg=Barton%20Road&avoid=carHOV

If you’d like to, I’d suggest that you contact the JLR help desk about the routing issue as they should be able to investigate further.

Thanks, Ben

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.