Forums Western Europe United Kingdom Timetable for map amendments

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voice, and was last updated by Gordon HERE Map Master (Ambassador) 6 years, 8 months ago
  • John Knight

Some months ago I submitted a number of map amendments on here which appeared to be accepted. Last week I updated my sim card, having been informed an update was available. However, I have noticed that none of my reported amendments have been implemented. Can anyone tell me how long it takes for a reported amendment to be implemented please?

Gordon HERE Map Master (Ambassador)

it may be accepted but it takes a while for gps providers to get updated info for their maps, so in some cases can take upto a year depending on your gps provider

Claire Robinson – HERE UK and Ireland

Hi John,
    Thanks for your post and thank you for your reply and guidance Gordon – you are absolutely correct in what you advise.
    It does indeed depend which car manufacturer you are receiving your updates from, which data release they have taken from us and when. When we release our data, it takes the manufacturer an additional amount of time (perhaps around 2/3 months) to then process accordingly for their system, and then release the updates to you.
    Roughly, at the moment, it could be anytime between 2 and 9 months to see an update. The manufacturers are working hard on speeding up their update cycles and we hope more will also take our weekly updates in the not to distant future.
    Thanks for your edits John and no doubt they will be on your next update from the manufacturer.
    Thanks!

John Knight

Thank you Claire for your detailed response in clearing up the matter. Although aware that something like this will take time to validate and implement I certainly didn’t think it could take anything up to 9 months.. Is there any customer pressure that we can put on manufacturers to try and speed up the updates? After all it is for our benefit.

Gordon HERE Map Master (Ambassador)

John you will find yourself hitting a brick wall if you contact gps providers as your only one voice, they just will not listen to you and send you a standard reply that means nothing. Unless 1000s of people complain at once then thats only way they may speed things up but you have more chance of flying to the moon than that happening. For example iGO takes around 7-10 months for latest updates but tomtom can be upto a year or longer so you just need to be patient.
    Just because an update may say 2017.03 does not mean thats the March 2017 update it could be data from June the previous year.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.