Forums Western Europe United Kingdom Postcode is wrong for Bell Close!!!

This topic contains 17 replies, has 4 voice, and was last updated by Ben (HERE Moderator) 5 years, 2 months ago
  • Jim Hamshaw

Needs correcting to NR8 6YT

Claire Robinson – HERE UK and Ireland

Thanks for your post Jim – I’ll get our field team to take a look at this and correct.

Jim Hamshaw

Hi Clare – any chance you can give this a push please? HERE maps are used for most popular taxi systems in my area, and my booked taxis keep getting lost!

Hi Jim, apologies for the late response on this – I have forwarded this issue to our database engineer who can amend this. We don’t want you getting lost for much longer on your way home 🙂
    Thanks for your post!

Jim Hamshaw

Thanks Claire – it’s not getting home that’s the problem as I’m in the taxi – it’s getting picked up in the first place 😉

Of course Jim, even worse if you can’t make it out down to the pub 🙂 Thanks!

Jim Hamshaw

Still not updated?

NR8 6YT should be Bell Close, Nos 1-49

NR8 6QB should be Fakenham Road, Nos 105-115

Gordon HERE Map Master (Ambassador)

Jim, it takes upto a year for updated map data to get to your GPS device so its not an instant fix

Jim Hamshaw

Hi

I get that, but shouldn’t the fix show in map creator first though? It’s still wrong in there – or have I misunderstood the process?

Best regards

Jim

Hi Jim,
    This has been fixed now, however postcode updates are currently on a quarterly basis, meaning the update will show on our devices Q1-18 as it narrowly missed the last release/update.
    It should be updated very soon on here.com and Map Creator – you are not incorrect in the process in such that indeed, it should show/update here first.
    Many thanks, Claire

Jim Hamshaw

HI – so here we are, 10 months on, and the incorrect location for NR8 6QB still persists both in the live Here maps app and other sources (such as taxi booking apps and taxi driver satnavs) that use this data.

Whilst Bell Close may now show the correct p[postcode, NR8 6QB STILL also directs to Bell close, and NOT Fakenham Road as it should.

Can someone take another look at this please?

NR8 6QB should centre on 109 Fakenham Road.

Ben (HERE Moderator)

Hi Jim

Something went wrong in this instance and the postcode failed to ‘shift’ up to Fakenham Road. This change has now been processed again in the HERE database.

Apologies,

Ben

Jim Hamshaw

Hi Ben – any idea when this will go live please? Its still wrong in creator, and ive just diwnloaded the here we go app and new map and its still wrong there too…

Jim Hamshaw

STILL wrong on both the live app and map creator…….

Jim Hamshaw

This is getting boring now – I’ve spend many hours correcting the map in my local area, but you can’t get the postcode for my own address right!

Please note NR8 6QB is located on Fakenham Road (Nos. 105 to 115 and , NOT Bell Close!!!

https://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.