Forums Western Europe United Kingdom Not all Railway Lines closed by Beecham

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voice, and was last updated by Claire Robinson – HERE UK and Ireland 6 years, 7 months ago
  • Andrew Gransden

I was astonished to find that the main railway line between Inverness and Aberdeen (particularly east and south of Elgin) has been added as a National Cycle Network (ID -31332139). I have deleted this.

Virtual Hunterston – please note that not all railway lines when closed by Beecham.

Andrew Gransden

Spelling Beeching

Claire Robinson – HERE UK and Ireland

Thanks for this Andrew, you are correct.
    Related to this, we’ve been wanting to add in the Speyside Way, a former railway line to the whisky distilleries… Do you have any knowledge of this?
    http://www.speysideway.org/
    Thanks

Andrew Gransden

Hi Claire
    I know the Speyside Way very well. I have added some sections of the Speyside Way along the coast and lower River Spey. I did not wish to add other sections until I had re-walked them or double checked on OS maps.

Claire Robinson – HERE UK and Ireland

That’s great, thanks Andrew, and we fully appreciate your field collection and coding methods!
    I know you weren’t so keen on the introduction of Mapillary but may I suggest the trail level imagery would also be a great addition to add in to your collection?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.