Forums Western Europe United Kingdom New Lidl

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voice, and was last updated by Ben (HERE Moderator) 5 years, 2 months ago
  • Terry Bates

Since I edited in New Lidl somebody has come along and taken it out. Messed up the access road. It's a pity that armchair mappers use the old maps of Here without the local knowledge or checking recent maps. You should go to an area if there is variation, use different sources.

Essentially the Lidl store currently shown on the map is now extended all the way to the right (East) to the main road. The building above it (North) is pulled down and that is the car park for Lidl. Access is via Thomas Parry Way by car. The construction was in the local papers !. Took about a year with Lidl closed. You took out the car park road. Essentially if these local car park roads are off a map a VAG sat nav believe you are off road and won't commence navigation which is unhelpful in a car park. Whoever did that doesn't win a brownie prize.

I will edit it back to how it is but implore people not to digitise from aerial views if you haven't visited the area recently. Assorted other Lidl stores have been messed up by people saying, this isn't right and vandalising the map. Then you wonder why maps issued by Here Maps aren't up todate if they are edited by using old maps, lack of local knowledge and guessing how things are !. ()

Terry Bates

I see somebody without local knowledges is still destroying the internal road layout that I’ve now put back in for the third time. The aerial sat image is incorrect since Lidl purchased the adjoining garage and rebuilt the store using the garage area as the car park moving the store east !!. Access was moved 90 degrees.

Attached the new Lidl viewed from the new and only entrance in Thomas Parry Way. Their car park is what was the old garage shown on Here Maps images (the white building now gone). The new store has shifted over to the east leaving what was the west side of the store more car parking. As I said before it took them over twelve months to develop this opening in 2018. Here maps images are older than this.

Also some street hacking I corrected to the north.

Ben (HERE Moderator)

Hi Terry,

This issue stemmed from an exisiing Lidl supermarket already at the existing location yet the street address used by Lidl remained the same despite the layout changes for the car park entry. This was compelled by both old and cloudy aerial imagery.

Based on your detailed information the HERE databsae has now been updated.

Thanks
    Ben

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.