Forums Western Europe United Kingdom New build development – add road / postocde

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voice, and was last updated by Ben (HERE Moderator) 5 years, 11 months ago
  • Mark Witham

Hi all,

I’m new to this and, having had lots of issues with delivery companies – Amazon in particular) I’ve tried to add my new build development, which has involved the creation of a new road, to the Map Creator.

I’ve successfully managed to create the road however I can’t see to add the postcode or house numbers (it just says they’re invalid).

Do you have tips? Grateful in advance!

Mark

Gordon HERE Map Master (Ambassador)

postcodes are internal stuff so is supplied by royal mail and dealt with here staff only.
    you can add house number/buil;ding name by clicking on the N+ icon on far right of edit page
    what is the location your editing so i can check it?

Mark Witham

Hi Gordon,

Thanks. It’s River Walk, which is located at the end of River Lane, Fetcham KT22 9RW.

The development layout is attached. Also the postcodes were allocated by Royal Mail early last year but don’t seem to have made their way onto any systems yet (inc Google Maps, etc) – hence my trying to edit.

Thanks!
    Mark

i have located the development, i have edited the road so it is now accurate (I can access satellite maps you cant). as for house numbers can you add the rest with regard to layout. I can fix location to each house after that. As you know the layout of site you will know numbers.
    it takes upto a year for map data to get to gps devices so delivery companies will be slow in getting updates

Mark Witham

Hi there – great, thank you. I’ve added in all of the house numbers from the site map I have which identifies the house numbers for each plot. Hopefully I’ve done it ok?

Thanks for your help!

yes, they added, i tweaked a few as some were not accurate on each house but it is now on system so should be approved soon. But as i said dont expect a quick gps update as is dependent on device and update schedule.

https://i.imgur.com/GtsD8ZZ.jpg

feel free to add other house numbers near you. the more thats added the more accurate maps are.

Mark Witham

That’s superb, thanks. This is the first satellite image of the site that I’ve seen!

What sort of companies use the Here maps?

i have slightly higher permissions as am a trusted user and more recently been classed as a mapmaster so can moderate stuff too so can access latest maps. am not here staff so basically just like you but slightly better standing.
    here uses maps from digitalglobe but some internal staff have access to more detailed stuff from other providers but not sure who.

Ben (HERE Moderator)

Hi Mark,

Can you tell me the postcode for River Walk so i can check if it is included in our database?

Companies using HERE mapping data are varied but include the likes of Amazon, Facebook, Garmin, BMW, Audi and Mercedes-Benz.

Thanks

Ben

Mark Witham

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the message!

River Walk should be KT22 9FF. I don’t think it appears to be included as nothing comes up in a search but it would be great if that could be updated to help with deliveries etc.

Thanks
    Mark

Mark Witham

Hi Ben,

Were you able to check whether the postcode for River Walk was listed correctly as KT22 9FF?

How long would it usually take for the app etc to get updated?

Many thanks
    Mark

Ben (HERE Moderator)

Hi Mark,

i checked and the postcode is not currently in our database. Therefore it will be added in the next HERE postcode update. These are not made as frequently as road updates but should appear within three months time.

Thanks
    Ben

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.