Forums Western Europe United Kingdom Minor road's Speed Limit has overwritten the main road's Limit at the junctions.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voice, and was last updated by Gordon HERE Map Master (Ambassador) 6 years ago
  • Keith Goodhead

I think I can see how this has happened (see image) but I can’t change the end positions of the minor roads because “…because a high-precision road forms part of it.”; is there a means of me changing this?

This data is used by my Cruise Control; when the car suddenly brakes for no apparent reason it’s really inconvenient for any following drivers!

Thanks, Keith

Gordon HERE Map Master (Ambassador)

that stretch of B4061 shows the correct speed the whole stretch so no reason why it would change speed to 30 then speed up again, it is more than likely your gps system or maps are out of date and the roting algotithym is incorrect, but as for HERE maps on mapcreator its showing as correct so nothing to change

Keith Goodhead

It seems to me that the fact that the 30 limited road extends onto the main road (B4061) on the map, is making my car think that there is a 30 limit at that point, albeit for a short duration. I can think of no other reason.

Can we not try to take those junction markers back up a little to test my theory? Please?

Thanks, Keith

Keith Goodhead

I’ve just checked the map for a location where a similar problem occurs. Here however the Cruise Control begins to accelerate the car up to 60mph whilst still on the 40 mph road.

It can’t be a co-incidence that we see a similar ‘overlap’ of the 60-limited road over the 40 mph A4067, can it?

Thanks, Keith

the mapcreator map is correct so the issue is more likely be your gps device and routing software, as for the mapcreator nothing is showing as wrong
    i have done a simulated test using latest maps and the route is fine no errors in speed
    .Dorlangoch is also correctly shown as 30mph
    it is highly likely your using out of date maps. what date is your maps?

here is video showing simulated test from cambrian way to lime tree close and as you can see no issue, so it must be as i suggested above

https://youtu.be/BCNGEQdXVEM

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.