Forums Western Europe United Kingdom Loss of definition of aerial images in Mapcreator

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voice, and was last updated by Terry Bates 1 week ago
  • Terry Bates

Presume it’s not just me that has found the aerial images are now pixelated, making it pretty impossible to use Mapcreator. Is there a time horizon to fix. ?. Looks like copyright has elapsed so they have been downgraded to make them unusable.

Example attached.

Terry Bates

I’ve still got this issue. I did have assorted images that I could pull up and they have gone !.

Alternative images 1-3 are empty. Is this my profile needing to be sorted ?.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Terry Bates.
    Mihael Trankovski

GREETINGS
    all the pictures have disappeared, even for those of us who have a moderator map creator, there are no pictures even in the normal map creator for external users in the view of alternative 1, I got a reply from the support that the provider for supplying satellite images is changing,

Terry Bates

I was told by UK support its dependent on a new system going in but when, not known. Yes I think it was us former map masters in Europe who got the image alternatives. Suspect normal folk didn’t, but now, nobody does… Well I expect external to Here Maps. I can’t believe they are using these out of date images inside Here Maps. The system has reverted to how it was six years ago before the better image alternatives were introduced. You have to go back to your old workarounds.

Mihael Trankovski

@Terry
    all satelite image is back , beautifull ,

Terry Bates

I am find “something” is back, but not working correctly. The tile server isn’t managing to server up all the tiles, there are gaps. I tried Chrome rather than Firefox but the same. I think we have been here before from memory. Probably their servers aren’t quick enough. It may be dependent on which one you come up on or something. Still bit of an improvident but not beautiful with gapping holes in the images.

Mihael Trankovski

@Terry
    please tipe-press to PC keyboard : F12 and which date you have a script ? mine is 02.04.2024

Terry Bates

Same as yours 2024.04.02

Tile server timing issue I believe. I’ve seen it when I’ve run a local tile server.

Terry Bates

@Mihael Seems to have reverted to how it was, not working,

Mihael Trankovski

@Terry: Yes , you are correct , date is 2024.05.02 , not working ,

Terry Bates

@Mihael see what June produces. I haven’t told the Here Maps power’s that be that it was half working for me in May. I think it paints the tiles on top of each other but if they have a tile server issue that’s when you don’t get to see the higher definition tile written in. Least I think that’s what is going on.

Mihael Trankovski

@Terry
    it works fine now, it’s a little better, try it yourself if it’s ok

Terry Bates

@Mihael Yes seems working fine at the minute.

Mihael Trankovski

@Terry
    no satelite image , not working , date 05.02.2024

Terry Bates

@Mihael well its back again for me.

2024.05.02 script.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.