Forums Western Europe United Kingdom Introducing your new UK and Ireland Map Masters…

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voice, and was last updated by Peter Packer 3 days, 22 hours ago
  • Claire Robinson – HERE UK and Ireland

MM

Congratulations to our new Map Masters selected for each region below:

Scotland – Andrew Gransden
    North of England – Gordon Menzies
    The Midlands – Andy Winter
    South of England – David Worrall
    Wales – Terence Bates
    Ireland – Desmond O’Neill

We hope you’ll welcome our new Map Masters and we’ll be sharing more details on their role and how you can interact with them soon!

Sarah Rodger

Hi there – I really hope someone can help.

For years now – since I have been using Facebook which must be the late 00s, many parts of North East Northamptonshire are shown as ben in Nottinghamshire – please can you let me know how I can correct this or have it corrected.

Nassington and Warmington are 2 such places – they are both little villages, but house dozens and dozens of small businesses all of whom seem equally frustrated by this.

Any help or pointers appreciated!

John Holden

My experience with the Here mapping forum (and Here mapping) so far is that there is no one home. Here maps will be about as much use as the Doomsday Book at this rate. No wonder Volvo are moving to Google.
    John

Terry Bates

It is a pandemic. I find I get things resolved and the team is responsive.

All of the digital mapping systems have their strong and weak spots for crowd sourcing. TomTom you can’t see the underlying sat image and give info on what needs to be added or changed, Google poor and out of date images and hence missing roads, Here Maps the most up to date images. Aspects you can’t change which is the one above by Sarah, that’s for the Here Maps team.

Claire 4HERE

Thanks Terry. John I believe you are now liaising with my colleague Ben. We try to offer a unique local contact outreach for our community, as you can imagine we deal with 1000’s of users. Apologies for your disappointment and we hope we can still continue to have you in our community. Thanks

Peter Packer

I’ve recently joined Map Creator.

I want to report an oversight in here mapping. That property with only a name is not supported in the product. Named properties without numbers is common in the UK.

Can anyone tell me how I flag this up to here? I cannot find a way to do this in Map Creator.

Thanks.

Terry Bates

Peter you can put them in on the house number field where it says building name. Leave the house number blank. I use to do that as you probably know house numbers aren’t big in Wales. I did have a load that vanished so I don’t bother now. The other issue is what do users of the cartography do with these building names. I don’t reckon much. So it’s a waste of effort if you can’t add a house number. House numbers yes, house names via the building name but no number isn’t likely to surface in any mapping systems ($).

New builds have to be legally allocated a house number as I understand it. Possible a new street or something. So you won’t find old houses that were never house numbered by the local authority getting one, but a new roads you will. Old roads, new houses may get away with it.

See what Here Maps say.

($) I reckon courier systems like Amazon, DPD etc might build up their own databases on delivery which is outside of this. Post office staff just have good memories. I asked once.

Peter Packer

Terry thanks for your feedback & help.

I believe I have updated Cottesmore Road Ashwell LE15 7LJ addresses that have a name only, no number assigned. I used ‘add new place’ option using ‘Residential’ as the type. It wouldn’t let me leave the number field blank under ‘add a new house’ option.

How long does it usually take before these edits become live?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.