Forums Western Europe United Kingdom Correct road error for the n'th time here

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voice, and was last updated by Terry Bates 2 years, 1 month ago
  • Terry Bates

There is NOT one segment of road running across here but two. Erwau'r Garn runs from 12 – 20. West of here is someones garden !. It then starts beyond their garden as Ffordd Gwilyn.

You should always check the local authority planning OS map where it's shown as no through and the house numbering where the house numbering concurs with either side of the road stopping. Failure in Here Maps validation.

If other people's maps show this as continues, it's wrong. The LA OS planning map is the gold standard plus the developers map.

Ben (HERE Moderator)

Hi Terry

Thank you for updating this new housing area. I note it’s now endorsed in the database.
    The normal scheme of things is that a new residential road will have been digitised early on from fresh aerial sources. Later as road names are added once construction nears competition any errors in the original roads should be corrected in the normal process of things. This is occurring in not just the whole of the United Kingdom but also the world so takes time.

The other sources you mention are not used by HERE as they are protected by copyright.

Thanks, Ben

Terry Bates

I reckon you need to buy the other sources or trust user input. Validating house numbers by scrubbed delivery data by GPS isn’t going to in fill missing house numbers. The generated house numbering I suspect that you bought in don’t work where a park etc occupies a chunk of the road so the gapping is wrong (assumed uniform). Where I’ve corrected these they get ignored so I just leave the house numbering on the computer generated stretched distributions stuff. I’ve told Here Maps staff where it’s wrong but I find numerace examples of this. Eg. All the house numbers plonked on top of each other or the classic green field in the middle of an estate road where house numbers get nicely placed on a green field in the wrong place. Don’t touch those now because it’s a waste of time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.