Forums Western Europe Netherlands, The Will submitted changes ever be processed?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voice, and was last updated by polin kuer 1 month ago
  • Dion Smits

Over the last year I’ve submitted 49 corrections. My dashboard shows that I submitted these changes but on the maps, the actual one and the one in Map Creator, nothing is accepted and all my changes seem disappeared in Map creator as well.

I submitted the same corrections to Google Maps and TomTom (Apple Maps) and they processed everything within a few months.

The Here map is still incorrect which results in dangerous situations; My street is a small dead end street but Here show it as connected. This results in cars and even big trucks having to drive backwards through the street to try to get out!

Dion Smits

It looks like the number of replies to my question explains how HERE deals with map updates.
    They simply seem to ignore all feedback.
    A correct map doesn’t seem to be one of their priorities.

F power

Dion I’ve also complained about it, but it seems like since the start of covid period everyone at Here is chilling at home. None of my changes have been accepted since march 2020. So I stopped contributing.

Eric Oeder

Are the edits still in process or have they been reverted? That´s a huge difference in our process.
    Please give us more details if you want us to have a deeper look. Please also use email for such cases where you can describe better the details (compared to this Discussion Board), thanks.

F power

Let’s take the situations in the attachment, that’s an edit from september last year. Still under review….
    And there are just from me, tens (maybe hundreds) of edits like this.

Dion Smits

Hallo Eric,

What email could I use to describe my changes in more detail? So far the only option to get in touch with HERE is this forum.

Most of the changes I added are still under review. 2 changes, the oldest ones from March 2020, are only received.
    A few are marked as integrated, some solved and 3 reverted; as far as I can verify nothing was changed.

My main 3 issues are:
    – The name of the street where I live (Halmweg) is not 0n the HERE map. The street is on the map but in partly named incorrect (Hof ter Heideweg) and partly it has no name. The result is that my adres can’t be found with HERE as according to your map it doesn’t exist.
    – 1 road (Buurtsteeg) is on the HERE map as 2 seperate pieces with 500 meter empty space between it. In reality these 2 pieces are connected.
    – A hiking path between the road I live and another road is marked as a normal road (incorrect piece of the Hof ter Heideweg) on the HERE map. Cars and trucks are now directed in a dead end street as that hiking path is impoosible to drive.

What do I need to do to explain in more detail how the situation around my house is?
    I added 2 screen prints. One is Google Maps which is correct. The second one is HERE where you can see the difference with the Google one.
    I added a picture of the missing crossing of the Buurtsteeg and the Halmweg as well.

What do I need to do to explain in more detail how the situation around my house is?

Eric Oeder

Please send the mails to
    mapcreatorbenelux@here.com and provide the necessary details, also the MC URL.
    What I can offer is a WebEx call where we can share screens to explain the cases and I can have a look and follow up. We could also invite other users in this Forum who might have map/edit issues.
    Let me know. I could write a new comment in this Forum and invite all who might be interested. Seems that it didn´t happen here in NL in the past.

Dion Smits

Hallo Eric,

A WebEx call would be helpful. This might have happened in the past but I’m not aware.
    I will send an email to mapcreatorbenelux@here.com and will provide as much details as necessary.
    For validation, MC URL is the MapCreator URL where I have added the changes?

The Dutch government site Kadaster also shows the correct information and confirms that the Halmweg exists: https://bagviewer.kadaster.nl/lvbag/bag-viewer/#?SearchQuery=halmweg&resultOffset=0&objectId=1581300000000875&geometry.x=154683.129&geometry.y=452142.534&zoomlevel=4&detailsObjectId=1581200000109903

Eric Oeder

Hello Dion,
    we plan to have a WebEx call soon and will announce it here in the Dutch Discussion Forum. So, please, stay tuned.
    Yes, via the MC URL (in which you find the coordinates) I can see the respective area where I can look for your edits.
    Best regards, Eric

Dion Smits

Hi Eric,

I’ve sent an email to mapcreatorbenelux@here.com. I did this in Dutch, let me know if I had to do this in English.
    I received an auto reply with a reference to https://www.facebook.com/groups/heremapcreatorbenelux/.. Would it help to post my map issues there as well?

Regards,
    Dion

Eric Oeder

Hi Dion,
    I have already received your mail and working on it. That´s the right way to let us know about such issues you are facing.
    Please use Facebook for the poll Arturs has created last week..
    Will give you feedback soon.

Best regards, Eric

Dion Smits

Hi Eric,

I applied for the Facebook group. This is in process.

Regards,
    Dion

Last Reaction

It appears that the response rate to your inquiry reveals how HERE handles map updates. They appear to disregard all feedback, that’s not one good of a thing to do to your customers, indicating that ensuring an accurate map is not among their priorities.

polin kuer

I’m new, I posted my issue last month with the title Quick Draw but also didn’t get any response

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by polin kuer.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by polin kuer.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.