Forums Oceania Australia Unforgiveable Guidance Instruction

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voice, and was last updated by Michael Seymour 10 months, 1 week ago
  • Michael Seymour

2022 KIA Sportage GT-Line Diesel AWD Auto, with Standard Gen5W Navigation

Recently, my Kia sat nav directed me (both visually & orally) to leave a main road and enter a multi-level carpark, whilst its course was set to navigate to a nearby town.

My car uses HERE maps (I have the latest update), but I suspect the problem is software/firmware related.

My question is: “Where do I report such unforgivable guidance instructions?”

Cheers,
    Mick

• This topic was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Michael Seymour.
    John Manning

Hey Mick, you might want to try the “Contact Us” link on the here.com web page. I think that these forums have effectively been abandoned.

Otherwise, can you follow up with Kia? For me, I have contacted Garmin (my device) about map info to get it corrected and received a response.

Good luck,
    John

Kevin Hutchison

I am fascinated to see if the mapping information is at fault, what is the address where this occurred.
    It could be that the entry/exit and the carpark are shown as residential roads not parking lot roads.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Kevin Hutchison.
    Michael Seymour

The address was: When entering Aplin St, from McLeod St Cairns Qld (-16.922891, 145.771255).
    Kevin, “I was wrong; it was entirely my fault!” (I should have veered right, onto Water St).
    But I can say this (after studying Google Maps):
    1. The traffic was intense.
    2. The sat nav said to turn onto Aplin St (it did not mention Water St).
    3. The real estate was the size of a postage stamp.
    4. I had no time to deliberate — just drive!
    5. I was committed to staying in my lane.
    6. My fault.
    7. It was an intense experience.
    8. The attachment is not truly representative of the situation on the ground.
    9. “Never again!”
    Cheers,
    Mick

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Michael Seymour.
    Michael Seymour

Thanks John.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Michael Seymour.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.