Forums Western Europe Denmark Trailer speed limits

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voice, and was last updated by Jesper Katborg 9 months ago
  • Per Wolfsdorf

Hi

For a long time the speed limit in DK with a trailer is 80 km/t on the country roads.

And on the motorway up to 100 km/t with a trailer with permission, like in Germany

Ben (HERE Moderator)

Hi Per,

Im told that HERE database is in agreement with you and has the following speed limit for camper vans:

“The speed limit for camper vans follows normal auto speed limited if below 3.5 tonnes. Trailers and campers are allowed to drive up to 80 on Motorway, if not having a Tempo 100 Sticker.”

Thanks, Ben

Per Wolfsdorf

How do I have to understand your answer.

I have a skoda with navigation and as I understand the map is from here. I have the latest map 2021. And when I drive on the country road my navigation told me that I am driving to fast with 80 km/h, because the navigation has the information that the speed limit is 70 on country road for trailers. But that is wrong. The speed limit on country road is 80 km/hoff trailers in dk.

Is it change in the future? When?

Jesper Katborg

Agree With Per Wolfsdorf.´
    You (Ben HERE Moderator) are writting about Motorway ! Per and I are talking about other roads. Here car with trailer/caravar are allowed to drive up to 80 km/h. (same as cars). Since 1. januar 2020!!

I addition to that, I can say, that Denmark has had Tempo 100 Sticker since 1. juli 2016 !!
    But the settings with tempo 100 sticker, doesn’t work in Denmark. The Navigations system still says 80 on Motorway !

It works in Germany, France and Austra – but NOT in Denmark.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Jesper Katborg.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Jesper Katborg.
    Ben (HERE Moderator)

Hi

Further to this. I’m advised that the speed limit change was made once legally in operation on non motorway roads and will appear on respective navigation systems in due course.

Thanks

Jesper Katborg

Just downloaded the latest map for my Skodâ Karoq with Amundsen Navigation.

Speed limit for a Car with a trailer/CARAVAN is still:

70km/h normal roads outside cities (NOT highways)
    Since 1. januar 2020!! it had been 80km/h.

Tempo 100km/h speed limit settings in navigation, still doesn’t work on highways in Denmark.
    Tempo 100 limit in Denmark, is the same rules as in eg. Germany, and we have ad this rule since 1. Juli 2016!!!!!!!!

How hard can it BE, to Update speed limits, so they match the lows in all contries- ALSO DENMARK!!

Best
    Regards
    Jesper Katborg

Per Wolfsdorf

I have downloaded the latest map from VW and still not corrected.

I do not understand that this is still a problem.

How difficult can it be??

Jesper Katborg

It is just sad, that HERE doesn’t read and do something about the problems with wrong general speed problem.

Trailers and campers are allowed to drive up to 80 on Motorway, if not having a Tempo 100 Sticker.”
    Correct, but since 1. Juli 2016, We have been allowed to drive 100kmh with a tempo 100 sticker. This settings still doesn’t work in denmark !!

Since 1. January 2020, trailers and campers are allowed to drive 80km – NOT 70kmh non urban roads

Ben (HERE Moderator) • June 16, 2021 at 05:52 pm
    “Further to this. I’m advised that the speed limit change was made once legally in operation on non motorway roads and will appear on respective navigation systems in due course.”

Well the latest map 2 years later, is still not changed!

Further to this there is a lot of errors with 80kmh within city zone, and even more errors with 30kmh in cities, where the speed limit in both cases is the normal 50kmh.
    In all cases, the speed limit in mapcreater.here.com, is correct, but wrong in our maps (navigation in VAG cars.

It is amazing that absolutely nothing has been done, to correct these errors!

Best regards
    Jesper Katborg
    My next car will definitely NOT have HERE maps, in navigation system.

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by Jesper Katborg.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.