Forums Western Europe Netherlands, The Toevoegingen en wijzigingen weer verdwenen… Ik stop ermee

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voice, and was last updated by Martijn W 3 years, 1 month ago
  • D. Beuken

Blijkbaar vindt Here het niet belangrijk dat de kaartinfomatie correct en up to date is. Allerlei wijzigingen en toevoegingen in mijn eigen regio waar ik uren aan heb besteed en waarvan ik zeker weet dat het klopt zijn verdwenen van de kaart. Daarnaast heb ik allerlei problemen met de Map Creator aangegeven waardoor oude, achterhaalde informatie weer terug op de kaart belandt en ik heb een mail gestuurd met vragen en opmerkingen en daar krijg je geen antwoord op.
    Ik heb er vele uren ingestoken om mijn eigen regio op orde te brengen zodat bezoekers in mijn regio correcte info voorgeschoteld krijgen en dat Here allemaal correcte info heeft. Maar blijkbaar heeft men daar dus geen interesse in. Ik stop met mijn bijdragen.

F power

Welkom bij de club. Zie ook een eerder bericht van mij.
    Uren, maar dan ook echt uren besteed aan updaten, corrigeren van wegen en informatie. Gewoon omdat ik het leuk vond en aanvankelijk de correcties werden doorgevoerd. Zo hield ik mijn eigen navigatie in de Audi ook up to date (want die gebruiken ook de info van Here). Sinds 2020 staat alles op “under review” of het wordt gewoon teruggezet naar de oude meuk, waar niks van klopt.
    Ik ben ook a lang gestopt…..

D. Beuken

Ik snap het ook niet. Here heeft er toch alle belang bij dat de info zo accuraat mogelijk is, zou ik verwachten. Er is ook geen enkele contactmogelijkheid om problemen aan te kaarten, behalve dit forum, maar daar wordt niet of nauwelijks gereageerd door medewerkers van Here.
    In mijn auto worden ook kaarten van Here gebruikt. Omdat het stikte van de fouten ben ik hier actief informatie gaan corrigeren, maar nu begrijp ik ook waarom er in het navigatiesysteem informatie getoond wordt die al 20 jaar niet meer klopt… Bedrijven die al 20 jaar gesloten zijn worden steeds weer teruggezet op de kaart en nieuwe bedrijven die daadwerkelijk bestaan worden steeds verwijderd.
    Het gekke is ook dat mijn eigen straat door een gebruiker veranderd is in een voetgangersdomein. Het is dus niet meer bereikbaar voor de auto. Dat soort foutieve info komt dus wel in de kaartupdates terecht.
    Er deugt echt helemaal niets van de Map Creator en de controleprocedures.

F power

Ik begrijp je frustratie helemaal! Ik ben gestopt met grote/ingewikkelde correcties in te voeren. Alleen een rijrichting of iets dergelijks verander ik nog weleens. Ik weet niet meer waar ik het had gelezen, maar volgens mij worden veel correcties nagekeken door medewerkers in India.

Arturs Bekeris

Hello,

Apologies for not replying to the issues raised earlier.

I feel your frustration and so let me look into what did not happen to your edits and why they are not included in the map that ships to your cars.

Indeed, HERE has an office in India, as well as many other countries, where we collectively try to build the best map we can. Things don’t always work out as best as we would hope they would, but we do not give up and try to constantly improve. I urge you to do the same.

I’ll get back to you!

Artur

D. Beuken

Hello Arthur,

It’s not only about our edits, but there are structural flaws in the way Here tries to get the information up to date:
    – bugs in the Map Creator
    – design flaws in the Map Creator
    – inconsistent ways of displaying phone numbers. Moderators are reverting information because they see only a part of the information
    – import of outdated information from other sources (sometimes outdated for already 20 years…)
    – moderators are reverting correct information to wrong, outdated information
    – problems with Map Creator are not taken serously. The only way to communicate is this forum and once in 6 weeks someone from Here is writing some reactions but a discussion about structural flaws in the system is impossible.

To create reliable maps you need submitters and a lively community. Take them seriously!

Arturs Bekeris

Hello, hello

Thank you for the reply and I can only echo what you wrote, hence we do not stop our efforts to improve. Map Creator has seen quite an evolution over these years becoming a very powerful mapping tool. As with any system that becomes increasingly complex, bugs and flaws are a side-effect, which we then try to solve – also based on your valuable feedback! A similar situation is with moderation, where the increasing amount and variety of data is very complex to process, made even harder with high-quality standards of the map that HERE tries to achieve.

I see you have plenty of valuable feedback, hence together with my colleague Eric, we consider having a virtual call with you – our users, and share your opinions feedback and give us a space to give more insights regarding the back-end part of your edits in Map Creator. Would you be willing to join?

Artur

D. Beuken

Yes, count me in!

Arturs Bekeris

Good morning,

Would you be able to answer a poll regarding the time & date for the call that I mentioned above on our Facebook group?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HERECommunityBENELUX/permalink/3437932446432613/

We are proposing several options to try to accommodate fellow mappers.

Artur

D. Beuken

All dates are OK to me. I don’t have a Facebook account so I cannot vote.

Arturs Bekeris

Okay, then I’ll inform you here, once we have gathered a bit more response!

Keep you posted!

Artur

Arturs Bekeris

Hello D. Beuken,

Just checking in, if you have received an e-mail with meeting invite details? I have sent it out to all participants yesterday… let me know!

Arturs

D. Beuken

Hello Arturs,

Yes, I will join this afternoon!

D.

Rob Olgers

Hello Arturs, I am new here on Here. I have one simple question:
    should all the additions and changes that are made in Map Creator also be visible on the updates on my Here nav system in my car? I receive updates every six months and I have noticed several times that changes in my neighbourhood that I have reported to the HERE WeGo Support team (appsupport@here.com) are not imported.
    Hope to hear from you.
    Thanks and regards,
    Rob Olgers (The Netherlands)

Martijn W

@D. Beuken

Als je er zeker van wilt zijn dat een kaartfout hersteld wordt, raad ik je aan om het neer te leggen bij Garmin. Toestellen van Garmin gebruiken ook kaarten van HERE. Dat wordt de kaartfout niet via HERE Map creator aangepast. De weg van melden via Garmin betrouwbaar, maar houdt er rekening mee dat het heel lang duurt voordat een kaartfout hersteld wordt.

https://my.garmin.com/mapErrors/report.faces

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.