Forums North America United States Regional Random road shifts

This topic contains 1 replies, has 2 voice, and was last updated by Andy G 3 years, 1 month ago
  • Jason Payne

I do extensive work in the Asheville region and I've noticed in the last couple of months that many, many roads have shifted off their course and are now incorrect. They were all correct before. The incorrect geometry is so widespread and impactful in this area, I can't even correct it. The background satellites are not orthorectified, so I don't even know which image to begin 'fixing' roads on.
    What happened at HERE to cause all of these incorrect changes? This ruins any product that uses HERE maps (there are now many errors with our city's ESRI basemap layers not being correct anymore…roads showing going through building footprints, etc.)
    Does any other area have this problem, or is it just around here?

Andy G

You are very correct on this one, I’m in Shelby, near Asheville. I took the time to drive around the town to capture gpx tracks to center roads on, since the satellite imagery was simply too off centered. HERE should have some kind of dummy road to center the offset of the imagery so it can be reliable.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.