Forums North America United States Map edits for closed road not reviewed 6 month later?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voice, and was last updated by Kerry Kopp 1 year, 7 months ago
  • Kerry Kopp

Hi there,

I live on a road that Here WeGo shows as being a through road, when in fact it is two halves of a road connected in the middle by a gated dirt fire road.

I edited the road to remove the dirt/gated section back in September of 2021, but it is still showing as connected, and continuing to cause issues – we have had multiple issues with deliveries not making it due to the drivers being directed to come from the other side.

How can I get the edits reviewed and pushed to production so that delivery companies stop being told to go a route that is not passable?

Thank you very much!
    Kerry

Kerry Kopp

Ping, Large trucks continue to get stuck on a narrow dirt road because of Here maps…does anyone review map edits?

Thank you,
    Kerry

Kerry Kopp

Man…I’m really starting to get the feeling that no one is reviewing map edits and these boards, and yet delivery trucks continue to get stuck/lost.

If anyone reads this and knows how to get traction on a year + old edit to stop stuck and lost trucks I’d love any help!

Thank you,
    Kerry

Reece Johnson

I’m glad I’m not the only one having challenges like this. Updates seem to be very slow to be accepted, and without understanding some seem to be accepted, meanwhile I have others that are approaching 6 months old without acceptance either. I also haven’t been able to figure out how to get more attention to these edits either.

Kerry Kopp

Thank you for the commiseration!

It’s really frustrating that the inaccuracies in Here maps have caused property damage as well as missed deliveries because Here has decided that something is a road, and won’t accept edits. :/

Appreciate it Reece, hopefully we can figure out how to get a mapping service to serve maps that are accurate.

Kerry

Mathew Balybin

Some Western men may be apprehensive of the linguistic and cultural barriers with asian brides https://asiansbrides.com/ , but that need not be the case. In fact, most asian brides are just as educated as women in your country. They will make the effort to learn your language and behave appropriately in any given situation. Nevertheless, there are a few things you should keep in mind when dating an Asian bride. Read on for some helpful tips.

GARRETT COOK

Several weeks ago I applied speed limits (based on actual signage) to a few local roads since Here didn’t have any data for them and my car navigation would show an incorrect speed as a result. I just discovered that my changes got “reverted” in favor of some blanket application of 30mph limits which are incorrect. So apparently making suggestions and edits are pointless.

Kerry Kopp

Yeah….I saw another post where someone commented to email UScommunity@here.com, but I emailed them Monday and haven’t heard anything.

I’m starting to think that Here is not concerned with inaccurate mapping, nor the damage it creates. :/

Kerry Kopp

I just used the contact form on here.com for “my issue is not covered here”, since “I want to report a map error” just links to the seemingly useless map editor, we’ll see what happens.

Kerry Kopp

After emailing many Here.com addresses I finally got a response that said:

—-
    Because this is still a road users can take, we would not want to remove it and keep it available on wego.here.com, although with different attributes to make sure people who do not want to drive on unpaved roads are not guided down this road.
    —-

This is patently wrong, and I emailed back in June that this is not a viable road, has a locked gate, is very narrow and on the side of a steep hill, and is designated by the town as emergency access only.

I’ve provided the municipal documents to the HERE people as well as pictures of the locked gate, but it seems that HERE does not care about getting people lost and in dangerous situations.

At this point I’d guess that HERE would be fine with sending people across Death Valley on dirt roads, because they feel that people might want to choose a route that could kill them. 🙁

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.