Forums North America United States Is this some kind of joke?

This topic contains 1 replies, has 2 voice, and was last updated by Dana Archer 5 years, 9 months ago
  • Joshua Berelson

I travel the roads in my area DAILY. I make corrections to the map according to WA state road standards and county standards.
    Most of edits are rejected.
    Roads are blatently mis-marked, I correct them, you reject the edits.

Thanks for wasting my time.

Oh ya, where is my damn gift card?

Dana Archer

It is unfortunate that HERE reviewers have a tendency to reject some of my most obvious, easily-verified edits. Some examples: I changed what HERE had as a two-way street to a one-way street. It has been one-way for YEARS. Its one-way status is easily seen in satellite images and what another service calls “street view.” And, of course, HERE rejects it! Another: HERE has turns enables across raised concrete center dividers, again easily seen in satellite images. I restrict the turns and HERE rejects them, not once, but twice so far. Another: I correct the speed limit on a major Los Angeles roadway, again, easily verified. HERE has rejected it twice so far. Another: HERE reviewers seem not to know the difference between a white “regulatory” speed-limit sign and a yellow/orange “advisory” speed sign. The advisory signs are a suggested speed that the most road-unworthy vehicle should travel, usually at curves and off-ramps. I set these to the regulatory limit and reviewers reject them. Another: HERE seems to map many large public parking lots with detail, sometimes even showing every aisle. I mapped on in front of a Lowe’s Home Improvement store and it’s accepted within a day; I map another a mile away at a large public university and it’s rejected. So what’s the standard? Another: I set public alleys at the California prima facie speed limit at 15 MPH; they are rejected. Is it HERE policy not to set speed limits on alleys? I have no idea because there’s no one to talk to in order to find out. Another: I set the proper speed limit for another major Los Angeles roadway (a 6-mile) stretch. I get a notice that two-thirds of it are rejected; the other one-third showed approved(!) I go to check and I find that reviewers only accepted the speed limit for one direction only; the other remains at its inaccurate limit. I’m a long-time, experienced editor for another mobile-app navigation service. I know what I’m doing. I’m also Number 35 in the U.S. as a HERE editor, but it seems like it counts for nothing. To be clear, thousands of my edits here have been approved, but why so many easily verified edits continue to be rejected is troubling. I probably wouldn’t care much but my two high-end Lexus vehicles use HERE maps in their navigation systems.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.