Forums Western Europe Netherlands, The Invoeren lichtgele wegen (wegklasse “residential”)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voice, and was last updated by Eric Oeder 2 years, 4 months ago
  • Peter Timmermans

Weet iemand hoe je wegen met als wegklasse “residential” lichtgeel maakt in plaats van wit? Als je uitzoomd worden deze wegen ipv lichtgeel grijs weergegeven. Het de gehele handleiding omtrent roads doorgenomen maar kan niks vinden.

Eric Oeder

Maybe I can help out here but please consider Alicja´s message:
    https://forum.mapcreator.here.com/forums/topic/eric-oeder-new-contact-person-for-benelux/

Thanks for your understanding
    Eric

Peter Timmermans

Hey Eric
    I didn’t know that I should explain my changes in Mapcreater in English. So I did now.

The changes I have made in Mapcreater matters the road classification around Tilburg (The Netherlands).
    I noticed for some time that the road classification around Tilburg in Here is very outdated. This often leads to illogical route-advices. That’s why I made some adjustments. The ANWB signage, I have used as guideline for it. The following changes I have made in Here Mapcreator:

Since the creation of the ring roads of Baarle-Nassau and Alphen, the N260 has been the main route between Turnhout and Tilburg/Breda. The N639 via Chaam has no longer a supralocal function. This also applies to the N630/N12 (via Goirle and Ravels, etc.). The N260 I have changed into “Red”, the N639 and N630/N12 I have changed into “Yellow”

The N269/N284 (Tilburg/Hilvarenbeek/Reusel/Hapert) is already the most important access road to the Kempen since decades. This road must be “Red”

The N261 between Waalwijk and Tilburg isn’t only a four-lane road since 2015, but is also completely upgraded to a grade-separeted. Just like the Heerlen ring road, for example. Thought this, it has all the characteristics of a highway. I have made this road “Purple”.

Since the opening of the Burgemeester Letschertweg, the western Ring of Tilburg (N260), this road has replaced the Ringbaan West as an interregional connection. The Burgemeester Letschertweg I have made “Red”, the Ringbaan West “Yellow”.

The N282 is an important access road for a large part of the area between Breda and Tilburg since many years. This road must be “Red”.

The N629/N632 (Tilburg-Oosterhout road) is currently being gradually adapted to the interregional function that this road now fulfills for this part of Brabant. The first phase of the conversion (near the A27) has already been completed. In 2022, the construction of a completely new road will start between Dongen and Oosterhout (N629/See the site of the Province of Noord Brabant). I have made this road “Red”.

Since the construction of the Hannie Schaftlaan (Rijen), through traffic has been directed along Rijen. Made this road “Yellow” and Julianastraat “White” (should actually be light yellow, but this function is not in Mapcreater).

Since 2009, traffic has been directed from Tilburg West to Chaam north of Gilze. Made this route “Yellow”
    From the N261 at Loon op Zand, the ANWB does not refer motorists who want to go to Udenhout via the village of Loon op Zand, but via De Kuil etc. Made this road “Yellow”, the route via Loon op Zand “White” (Should be light yellow, but this function is not in Mapcreater).

Finally, I have made the access to the underlying road network at the connection of the N261 to the A59 “White” instead of “Orange”. This is due to the fact that this infrastructure only connects to roads of local significance (These roads still have to be made “light yellow” because this function is not in Mapcreater)

I already thank you for your service to bring over my changes in the routeplanner and hope that I have help Here to improve there software.

Kind Regarts,

Peter Timmermans

Eric Oeder

Hi Peter,.
    thanks for all the info you provided.
    It doesn´t make sense though to change the route types at higher level in Map Creator. Could you please check the status of your edits regarding the route type changes in your Dashboard? I fear they are not endorsed.
    But, nevertheless, I will inform the Core Map Team in HERE to have a look to our “Functional Classes” in the mentioned area in Tilburg.
    Once I get feedback of the team I will let you know.

Thanks and best regards
    Eric

Peter Timmermans

Hi Eric,

The changes I have made arent endorsed I think. Only when I zoom in in Mapcreater, I can see them. The following routes I have changed:

N260 Tilburg-Noord – Baarle-Nassau (from yellow to Red), all other routeplanners already have this route that way.
    N261 Tilburg -Noord – A59 (Waalwijk (from Red to Purple) See Openstreetmaps and Googlemaps for exemple
    N629/N632 Tilburg – Oosterhout (from yellow to red) See Openstreetmaps and Googlemaps for exemple
    N639 Baarle-Nassau – Chaam – Ulvenhout (from red tot yellow) all other routeplanners already have this route that way)
    N282 Tilburg – Breda (from yellow to red) See Openstreetmaps and Googlemaps for exemple
    Hannie Schaftlaan (Rijen) (from white to yellow), all other routeplanners already have this route that way
    Julianastraat (Rijen) (from yellow to white) all other routeplanners already have this route that way
    Connection N260 (Gilze) to N639 (Chaam) (from white to yellow) See for exemple Openstreetmaps
    Connection N261 (Loon op Zand) to Udenhout (from white to yellow) instead to the more nortern way between this to places (from yellow to white)

All these changes are conform the ANWB roadsigns. You can check this in Streetview.

All these changes are alreay in Mapcreator. The only thing I couldn’t make was to make the street I have make white make yellowlight, because this function isn’t in Mapcreator.

Kind regarts,

Peter Timmermans

Peter Timmermans

Hey Eric,

Three routes I forgot to call in my previous mail:

N269/N284 Tilburg – Reusel- Hapert – A67 (from yellow to red), all other routeplanners already have this route that way
    Ringbaan West (Tilburg) (from red to yellow), all other routeplanners already have this route that way
    N630 – N12 Tilburg – Poppel – Turnhout (from red to yellow) See Openstreetmaps and PDOK-viewer for exemple. Since Alphen en Baarle-Nassau have there orbitals, this isn’t the main route between Tilburg en Turnhout any longer

How can I make white streets yellowlight or grey (higher scale maplayers). When this is posible in Mapcreator, I only have to insert the changes into I capital map.

Kind regarts,

Peter Timmermans

Peter Timmermans

Hey Eric,

When I understand right, it is the aim that I endorse my changes. How and where can I do this? I looked for it but didn’t found any information about it.

Kind regarts,

Peter Timmermans

Eric Oeder

Hi Peter,
    for such important map changes (here Functional Classes, similar to the Road Types in MC) you should send us a mail and not changing the Road Types in MC as they will get reverted most probably.
    As said above I have forwarded all the info to the Dutch Core Map Team, they will check and change where needed. But, please, in the future via mail to me.
    You can´t endorse your own edits or any other edits, of course. That is the job of the moderation team.
    Thanks and regards
    Eric

Peter Timmermans

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your mail. I am glad that the Dutch Core Team will going to check the functional roadclass system around Tilburg. Althought it isn’t the aim to change this kind of changes this way actually, hopefully they will support the further process of optimisation of the mapproducts of Here. Regarding Road Types, maybe it will be usefull to check de roadclass of the N206 (Leiden-Katwijk-Haarlem) and the N356 (Drachten-Dokkum) too. These road are far from the place where I life (Tilburg), but I know that these roads are also backbone roads instaed of seconadry roads.

I already thank you for your attention and help.

Kind regarts,

Peter Timmermans

Eric Oeder

Hi Peter,
    the ticket is on the way. Core Map Team is already working on it.
    Some Road Type changes have to be approved still by another team (as they are sensitive and important changes), so it still might take another few days. But it´s ongoing…
    Just to let you know
    Best regards
    Eric

Eric Oeder

Hi Peter,
    the ticket is completed according to what the Core Team told me.
    I will send you an email with the information of all the changes they made.
    As a reminder: Please don´t change higher Road Types (highway, main roads, etc.) in MC, best and most effective way is to send us a mail with the requested changes and we inform our Core Map Team, like we did in this case now.

Thanks and best regards
    Eric

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.