Forums General How would I overlay Image on Map for flutter.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voice, and was last updated by Royala Jhonson 1 week, 5 days ago
  • Akash Jasani

Hi,

I have an usecase in which I need to place bounded image over the map (unlike marker) which can be zoom in, zoom out and rotate with the map. I have checked HERE map SDK for flutter but I couldn’t found any way to Implement image overlay for flutter. Can someone help me to figure it out how could I do this?

Billy Barnes

To implement a bounded image overlay on a map in Flutter that can be zoomed in, zoomed out, and rotated with the map, you can use the flutter_map package along with the flutter_image_overlay package. Here’s how you can achieve this:

Add Dependencies: Open your pubspec.yaml file and add the required dependencies for flutter_map and flutter_image_overlay:

dependencies:
    flutter:
    sdk: flutter
    flutter_map: ^0.14.0 # Use the latest version available
    flutter_image_overlay: ^1.0.1 # Use the latest version available

Import Libraries: In your Dart file, import the necessary libraries:

import ‘package:flutter/material.dart’;
    import ‘package:flutter_map/flutter_map.dart’;
    import ‘package:flutter_image_overlay/flutter_image_overlay.dart’;

Royala Jhonson

To overlay an image on a map in Flutter, you can use the flutter_map package along with the flutter_cached_maps_provider package. First, include both packages in your pubspec.yaml file. Then, create a FlutterMap widget and use the MarkerLayerOptions to add markers to your map. Within the MarkerLayerOptions, use the Marker widget to specify the image you want to overlay on the map. Here’s a concise example:
    If anyone want to know about concrete pool deck coatings buford visit here

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.