Forums Eastern Europe Georgia How do you tell Win 10 to keep its nose out of my game!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voice, and was last updated by idf sdse 5 months, 2 weeks ago
  • Jessica White

I’m still transitioning games from Win 7 to Win 10. I’ve got about 54 to install plus 17 to test that have been installed.

Among my games, especially the older ones are GOTD games. I’ve got one that I’ve had for over 10 years and has made 2 successful transitions to date and I’m trying a 3rd.

It works fine if I do not turn on the high DPI scaling flag. If that flag is on, it gets partway into the loading and then just freezes with a black screen (needing alt-F4 to exit). I turn off the flag and test it and while I’m testing, Win 10 senses a “compatibility problem” and turns the flag back on! I turn it off, it turns it on. How do I tell it to stop butting in?

There are two others in the set (the old Mysterious City series from around 2008) and they work fine with the high DPI flag on but Vegas is newer from what I can tell and won’t work that way.

Help!

Aniem Dariel

Hey there! I understand your frustration with Windows 10 interfering with your gameplay. Have you tried disabling the high DPI scaling flag in the properties of the game executable? As for Windows 10 constantly turning it back on, have you tried using the “compatibility mode” settings? Also, another tip for keeping Windows 10 from interfering is to run the games as an administrator. Also, you want to ensure you have a legal copy of Windows 10. In that case, you can purchase a Windows 10 key from the official Microsoft store or check out some deals on https://www.reddit.com/r/GetComputerHelp/comments/y17yo3/where_to_get_a_windows_10_key/ . Good luck with your game transition!

ava james

Nice post thanks for sharing. lightinthebox discount code

idf sdse

A HECS calculator provides transparency about the costs associated with tertiary education. It allows you to see the breakdown of expenses and understand the financial commitment you are undertaking, helping you make well-informed choices https://mytaxdaily.com.au/hecs-calculator-australia/.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.