Forums Eastern Europe Cyprus House numbers

This topic contains 22 replies, has 3 voice, and was last updated by HERE Map Creator Konstantina Kokkalis 5 years, 5 months ago
  • Charalambos Stavrou

Dear moderator,
    A couple of months ago I started adding house numbers in Lakatamia area and to be honest I covered a great area.
    I was adding the house numbers on the buildings diagrams, using the Map View layer.
    Now, I can see that a lot of other house numbers have been placed.
    What I noticed is that:
    – there are house numbers in places where there are no building.
    – there are duplicated numbers (mine and new ones)
    – there are numbers that do not match the numbers that I have found/placed
    – most of the new numbers are not aligned with the actual building in the map.
    – for house numbers with letters in (e.g. 9A, 9B), only the number appears, and in the middle of the two houses.
    Please attached photo.

When I started adding house numbers there weren’t any other house numbers in the map.

I want to believe that the source I was using for finding and adding house numbers, was accurate.

Thank you

HERE Map Creator Konstantina Kokkalis

Dear user,
    recently we have fully covered Cyprus with point addressing (house numbers).
    -The reason you see point addresses in places were there are no buildings, possibly is due to the city plan (addressing in parcels)
    -Duplicate will be soon reviewed and fixed
    -For any wrong addressing, please proceed with update only if you see that in reality this actually is an error of our map.
    -The alignment is not a problem for the navigation.
    -If you see, in reality, the house numbers with number+letter, please update them as per reality

Thank you for your support

Charalambos Stavrou

Ok thank you!

Charalambos Stavrou

Following the discussion we had regarding address names, Cyprus Post office replied to my emails, confirming that the tool on their site (https://www.cypruspost.post/el/find-postal-codes) finds and returns the correct names for all the addresses in Cyprus.
    Also in their site, there is an Excel file with all those addresses:
    https://www.cypruspost.post/el/ekdoseis -> “Ταχυδρομικός Κώδικας”.

They informed me that the names returned on their tool and on the Excel file, are consistent with the names given by Μόνιμη Κυπριακή Επιτροπή Τυποποίησης Γεωγραφικών Ονομάτων (http://www.geonoma.gov.cy)

Also if you don’t mind saying, what was the source you used for the address numbers (pointing addressing).
    It was done automatically or you had a team adding them manually (physically going to the location and check the numbers)?

Thank you

Vas Pag

Dear user,

Thank you for the information, for our point addressing product we use both third party data and field data collection.

Regards.

Dear user, we would like to inform you that reversing of Names and Surnames in Cyprus has been completed.
    We would like to thank you for your inputs and your support
    Kind regards

Charalambos Stavrou

That’s great news!
    Do you know when they will become available to the public?

In a couple of weeks it will be available.
    Kind regards

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.