Forums Oceania Australia Entering City in New Destination Page

This topic contains 40 replies, has 13 voice, and was last updated by Fineapk Hub 6 days, 17 hours ago
  • Rick Reale

I have the 2019 Australia/New Zealand Map in my 2017 Suzuki S-Cross manufactured in Hungary.
    I am often frustrated when trying to enter the address for a new destination in a rural area. I may not know which “City” to enter. More often than not it rejects my attempts to enter the name of the local territorial authority I think it to be in and I am unable to proceed any further.
    Is there some way to enter the “Street” name first then choose from a list of “City(s)” that have such a street name within their boundaries?
    In the example shown, I am at home on Limeworks Loop Road in rural Waipa District but that “Street” will not come up as a menu choice when I enter LI into the Street field. Instead, I get a list of streets that start with LI, none of which is in Waipa. First on the list, Liane Place, is in Rotorua. Lisa Place is in Tauranga.
    Other GPS navigation systems (Garmin, Tom-Tom, Uniden etc) I have used in the past made it much easier to locate and set the destination address.
    Am I doing something wrong? I would be grateful for any assistance.
    Thanks.
    Rick

• This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Ben (HERE Moderator).
    Shona Chisholm

Hi Rick, this is a system implementation issue (with the device, not the map layer) so you’ll need to send feedback to Suzuki directly.

Rick Reale

Hi Shona. I posted this in General knowing it wasn’t a map issue but it was moved here by moderator Ben. I’ve since reposted in General hoping some users may be able to help. Spoke to Suzuki New Zealand last year and they said to contact HERE. I wrote an enquiry (copy attached) on the HERE main website one month ago but haven’t had a response. Thought I would try the forum.

Kevin Hutchison

Multiple issues here, the 2019 map is a very old map, even Garman update at least three times a year, but unfortunately the vehicle manufacturers saw maps as a revenue generating exercise and took control of updating their maps. The users voted to not participate with the prices they set.

I purchased a 2018 Toyota with a 2016 “Here” map and Toyota insisted 2016 was their latest, yet I am led to believe no one else is allowed to supply updates, so I have a Garmin on the dash and have switched the Toyota GPS off.

On the issue of finding a street, most GPS units have a “search all” feature which I use when I know the street name but am not sure of the suburb boundaries that exclude is I guess wrong. People often say they live in a city yet their address is in a suburb of that City.

Local and interstate Highways for interesting searches as the “official” address may not be the highway but the local name that often does not even appear on street signs.

seo expert

This website called http://www.signnow.com/ask/how-to-manage-a-trust-fund-and-e-sign-as-a-trustee-in-the-age-of-e-signature is undoubtedly one of my favourites. The material they offer is the main justification. highly recommended

seo expert

I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. shoplocal

seo expert

This is really very nice post you shared, i like the post, thanks for sharing.. Wazdan

seo expert

I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. stairlifts

seo expert

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. beauty salon sheringham

Kirua Sodic

pg slot, mother website, big website, easy to deposit, withdraw, trust 99.99% for sure. Visit our website. slotgxy888 pg slot

SEO Bhai

Reiniging van je karpet is een belangrijk onderdeel van het verwijderen van vlekken. Wanneer je geen schadelijke stoffen gebruikt, kan de juiste aanpak de levensduur van je karpet verlengen en zorgen dat het er weer mooi uitziet. Reinigingsoplossingen zoals biodispersers, schoonmaakmiddelen of witte azijn hoeven niet duur te zijn en bieden een effectieve manier om gemakkelijk watervlekken op je karpet te verwijderen. Het is belangrijk om verschillende soorten reinigingsoplossingen te proberen en een methode te vinden die het beste werkt voor je karpet. Kosten Vlekken verwijderen karpet

SEO Bhai

We are a professional cleaning company operating in all areas of London. We aim to provide a reliable, affordable and high quality cleaning in a greener way by using biodegradable cleaning products, training our cleaning operatives not only to clean you homes and offices to the highest standards but to do so in a mindful to our environment way. office cleaning services in london

SEO Bhai

Thank you for the update, very nice site.. forbesup

SEO Bhai

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. Bokep Indo

SEO Bhai

I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. Cris Sims

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.