Forums Western Europe Belgium Do people that review our edits have access to the images in our Geospace ?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voice, and was last updated by Gordon HERE Map Master (Ambassador) 4 years, 4 months ago
  • Rudy B

Hi,

Do people that review our edits have access to the images in our Geospace that were uploaded from the Mobile Map Creator app ?

Thanks

Best Regards
    R. Borrey

Alicja HERE

Hi R. Borrey,
    I believe they do have access but our colleagues mostly use Mapillary imagery also provided by users.
    To read more about Mapillary, please visit this help page site: https://mapcreator.here.com/mapcreator/help/mapillary-information/
    Greetings,
    Alicja

Gordon HERE Map Master (Ambassador)

Alicja, we used to be able to see the uploaded images and gpx tracks of others who uploaded but seems that option has now been removed. You can only view your own uploaded images and no one elses, however you can still view everyones gpx files. It was around september that everyones images because unviewable

Rudy B

Ooh that is not so good news for me …..

The first batch of edits I submitted, had over 200 edits accepted by HERE and over 100 rejected. I did not add images at that time. All were speed limit edits, of which I was sure they were valid edit requests (still am sure)

So I decided to add images using the Mobile Map Creator App. and adding them my geospace. I thought it would help the Here people who validate our edits to have them as additional proof.

But now it seems they don’t have access.

Alicja already mentrioned Mapillary but I prefer not using it as it is again a new account to register to and a new software te learn.

So my main question is.
    How should I submit edits so that Here people have proof. that my edits are justified. I cannot upload the images I took with the Mobile Map Creator app, I can only opload these to my Geospace … They are not on my harddisk …

As a special note to GORDON:
    In my adopted neighbourhood, I saw you were making changes at the cemetery in the Stuiverstraat recently. I also added images to my geospacing showing that the split road in front of the cemetery does not exist there anymore (not since 2012) Pity that I now learn that you have no access to them. If there is another way I can show it to you, just let me know (I allready reacted to these changes in the adopted neighbourhood)… Thanks

Thanks
    R. Borrey

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Rudy B.
    Gordon HERE Map Master (Ambassador)

HERE moderation staff should have access to all images you upload but whether they look at them is a completely different matter. I have done the same in some situations and each time they seem to ignore that and reject the edit and reverting it back to the orginal which is totally wrong. When this happens its best to email HERE managers direct, if you send Alicja all images and details to mapcreatorbenelux@here.com

I have had another look at Stuiverstraat and see what you mean, I have fixed that so its now straight road. In many cases you can only go by what satellite images shows unless you have local knowledge and images do help. (some satellite images can be over 10 years old in some places)

you can contact me direct on gordon-mapcreator@hunterston.eu but please note I am not HERE staff just a person like you that has slightly more insight into things.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Gordon HERE Map Master (Ambassador).
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.