Forums Eastern Europe Georgia Dental implant (replacement tooth) cost?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voice, and was last updated by ava james 1 year, 2 months ago
  • Travis Drot

Our 18 year old daughter was born with 2 upper molars that didn’t have permanent teeth behind them (one on each side and 3rd from the back). Apparently this is a hereditary thing. The baby teeth are getting loose and we’ll have to do something shortly. Either bridge or implant.

We got a rough estimate of $5,000 per tooth for the implant and they are not recommending bridge because they will have to shave down the good teeth on either side of the baby tooth to fit the bridge. And we were told that implants can last decades vs. regularly having to replace bridges.

And because she was born with this condition, our dental insurance probably won’t cover it.

For those in the know, is $5000 per tooth in the ballpark for cost of this type of implant? They have to remove the baby tooth, drill into the bone and install a metal housing and wait 3+ months to confirm no infection and also wait for the bone to absorb around the housing. After that, they mount the new tooth.

Our dentist has been very good so no reason to mistrust him. Just wondering if there are other options. $10,000 is quit the hit!

Nate Gomez

I get an add that comes in through my FB feed advertising tooth implants for about $3000 / tooth, so it might be worth shopping around a bit.

Stevie Brandt

Hey there! I’m sorry to hear about your daughter’s dental situation. I’ve had a dental implant myself, and while the cost can be steep, I do think it’s worth it in the long run. $5000 per tooth is definitely in the ballpark of what I’ve heard for implant costs. It’s great that you trust your dentist and feel confident in their recommendations. As for other options, have you considered Invisalign as a way to create space for permanent teeth? It might be worth discussing with your dentist. Good luck with everything! Oh, and if you’re interested, here’s a link to https://thehealthysmile.net/dental-services/invisalign-bay-village-ohio/.

ava james

Nice post thanks for sharing. lightinthebox discount code

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.