Forums Western Europe Netherlands, The Chances made are creating errors when corrected by HERE??

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voice, and was last updated by Jens Jakobus van den Hout 1 year, 10 months ago
  • Roy Royalty

When i make a small chance it sometimes corrected by (i suspect) HERE. This results in errors on the map with some big consequences. It happens that roads are no longer connected or even deleted!
    What can I do to prevent this from happening. Its very annoying en time consuming to recheck everyting.

Jens Jakobus van den Hout

Good morning Roy,

Thank you for your message. We are aware of this issue that is in most cases caused by the automoderation of HERE Map Creator. This type of algorithm is like a screening of our users’ edits that helps us to moderate as efficiently as possible. However, unfortunately the downside of this automoderation is that in some cases valuable edits of our users are automatically backrolled because they do not match a specific rule that applies to the geometry in question. Recently we have been diving into this issue and trying to find a way to limit these cases. Anyway, if you could send some of the examples you have encountered to mapcreatorbenelux@here.com I will do a small research to the specific cases.

Best regards,
    Jens van den Hout

Alex de Meer

I will give you also the automatic destroy of your system. I made a big amount of changes and 60% are set back to the original wrong setting. With also the result that the map gives unconnected roads, all housenumbers are incorrect connected to the road and so on. At this way there is abolutely fear to do changes where it can be resulting to a destroyed sector in the map.

Jens Jakobus van den Hout

Good morning to both,

I received e-mails from both of you and will respond you there trying to explain some of the potential causes of the errors and what can be done about it to prevent as much as possible similar cases in the future. For your information, these strange situations are really bad for the user interface and experience in Map Creator, but (except very rare cases) these aren’t synchronized to Atlas and will thus not appear that way in our final product.

Best regards,
    Jens van den Hout

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.