Forums Western Europe Belgium Assistance needed for setting up bicycle path in Map Creator

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voice, and was last updated by Rudy B 4 years ago
  • Rudy B

Hi,
    A while ago I added a bicycle path in Map Creator.
    And now recently,, it has appeared in Here We Go for the web.
    So now for the first time I can test how it is used by the software.

Not as I expected.
    When I ask for a route to be calculated for bicycling, the path is not used.
    When I ask for a route to be caculated for walking it is used.

So I gues I must have set up something wrong

I will add some pictures to illustrate.
    The first picture shows the attributes of the path in Map Creator

Rudy B

The second picture, shows the result when asking for a route to be calculated for bicycling.
    The route suggested is a normal street. The bicycle path that should have been used (or at least suggested as an alternative) is below the route suggested.

Rudy B

Finally, the third picture shows the result when asking for a route to be calculated for walking.
    This time the bicycle path is suggested.
    The normal street that was suggested in the previous case is now suggested as alternative.

Rudy B

So I guess my question is double.
    1) What do I need to do to have Here We Go web use the bicycle path when asking a route to be calculated for bicycling ?
    2) What do I need to do to have Here We Go web NOT to use the bicycle path when asking a route to be calculated for walking. There are lots of cases where bicycle paths are NOT meant to be used by pedestrians …

Thanks in advance.
    R.B.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Rudy B.
    Eric Oeder

hello,
    I will have a look to the Core Map database if the coding has been done as expected. If so, I would have to ask the WeGo team in which way the pedestrian and bike attributes are being used for routing there. Please provide the location info in order to do so
    As far as I know the routing engine only doesn´t use the links for ped routing that are legally not allowed for peds (e.g. all motorized traffic only roads). Means that even on a national street ped routing would be offered if it is legally allowed.

Thanks and regards
    Eric

Rudy B

Hi Eric,
    Thanks for your response.

Not sure, how I should provide the location info. I hope the link below will do. If not please let me know

https://mapcreator.here.com/mapcreator/51.20837646298594,2.9025405811024996,17,0,0,normal.live

Thanks

Eric Oeder

Hi Rudy,
    thanks for providing the location.
    I reached out to the WeGo team and will come back to you once I get some more insights.

Best regards
    Eric

Rudy B

Perfect !
    Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.