Forums Western Europe Belgium Wrong search results

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voice, and was last updated by Jens Jakobus van den Hout 1 year, 7 months ago
  • Daan Tamsyn

Hi,

My brother lives in this house so the below info is correct. He says it's in the city of 'Mechelen', and when right clicking the area HERE also says 'Mechelen'. But when searching for 'Vennestraat 4 Mechelen' it show up at another place, called 'Zemst' (neighboring city). Now when searching 'Vennestraat 4 Zemst', it show the place where my brother lives, Mechelen.

So my report is, Although the area below the house number says it is 'Mechelen', I have to type'Zemst' int the search, and vice versa for the other house in 'Zemst'.
    Any way to correct this problem? A lot of people are at the wrong house and now that he has a business, it is very important.

Regards,
    Daan

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Daan Tamsyn.
    Daan Tamsyn

After more than 2 years, this is still nog resolved.
    Can someone of Here comment on this and find a way to rectify this?

Can we, as map editors, change municipal boundaries in any way?

Kind regards
    DaanT

Jens Jakobus van den Hout

Hello Daan,

Map editors cannot directly change municipal boundaries, so I have opened an internal ticket for this situation and will let you know when the situation will be fixed if indeed necessary.

We apologize for the delayed response.

Kind regards,
    Jens van den Hout

Daan Tamsyn

Hi Jens,

Thank you for your reply.
    I was recently thinking about this, it might be as simple as moving the house number and connection to the road just a bit so it’s in the other municipal, just over the border.

If we could see the borders, that will help a lot.

Kind regards
    DaanT

Jens Jakobus van den Hout

Hello Daan,

The ticket has been resolved and the municipal border was corrected. Thanks for the information!

We wish you a good day and kind regards,
    Jens

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.