Forums General Write custom POI's to SD card ?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voice, and was last updated by Kevin Hutchison 4 years, 7 months ago
  • Peter Lord

Hi All,

My car’s built-in satnav, although branded as Hyundai, I understand the maps originate from HERE. Whilst I know I can upload kml/gmx files to the satnav as personal POI’s, these arn’t integrated with the maps 🙁

So I was wondering if there is a way to contribute to map creator but also update my SD card with these updated POI’s. The SD card contains files in hafsz format.

I guess what I’m looking for is a hafsz editor or a save as hafsz function in map creator..

Let me know if I’m just barking up the wrong tree here !

Jan (HERE Moderator)

This is unfortunately not possible.

Peter Lord

Ah, okay, many thanks.

Out of interest what is the reason ? Is hafsz proprietary ? Or, maybe, hafsz doesn’t come from HERE ?

Is there any other way I can upload kml/gpx files and get them to appear on the map ?

Thanks,

Pete

Kevin Hutchison

There are many of us interested in updating “Here” maps on our GPS devices due to their lack of providing regular updates. It appears the deal between Here and the GPS supplier precludes them from supplying maps/map data directly. Mores the pity as my latest Toyota Map in my 2018 Prius C is dated Here 2106 and Toyota insist that is the latest.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.