Forums North America United States Why does someone frequently screw up geometry of roads after I edit them?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voice, and was last updated by Dana Archer 5 years, 8 months ago
  • Dana Archer

Sometimes I check to see my edit after it's been approved. Disturbingly, I often find that someone has not properly approved it and/or edited it after I did. I can't post an image when I start a Discussion so I will post it after this message. Here, I set the speed limit of Larwin Ave at 25; then I get notice that it's been approved and I check it only to find that my speed limit has not been set and now Larwin Ave doesn't properly connect to an intersecting road. What gives? Is it only me? I might have adjusted the geometry slightly at the same time but I don't remember.

Dana Archer

Image uploaded.

Dana Archer

Found at least four more this morning, including the one I fixed and reported yesterday. Images attached of three of them. Makes me wonder how many disconnected junctions there are in the area and how many of them will make it to the official map releases.

Roy Aycock

Someone is changing my edits also. There was a road that changed it’s name and they keep changing back to the old name. I have even uploaded the new road with the new name that is supplied by the county and that is not good enough. Also, I had to put in a subdivision 3 different times before it was approved but when I sent it in, the subdivision was already listed in the county maps.

Dana Archer

More in the same area. I guess I’ll leave it and see if someone cleans it up or they get rejected.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.