Forums Western Europe Finland Why are correct map changes rejected?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voice, and was last updated by Sami Lehtola 1 year, 9 months ago
  • Kati Haapamäki

All navigation data seems to have a lot of wrong speed limit data at least in FInland. I tried to correct a few of them where I live. Those were rejected claiming that that the database reflects reality: No it does not! Who makes these decisions? A bot or human? If the data is old it needed to be fixed and I am just trying to help you with that. Please try harder.

Ben (HERE Moderator)

Hi Kati,

Can you share some locations where you’ve udpated a speed limit? Then i can take a look further into it for you.
    Thanks
    Ben

Sami Lehtola

At least in Finland, speed limit data is almost dangerous. For example, it classifies highway 51 (Länsiväylä/ kukpab-datryk-bEfji8) as freeway with speed limit of 120km/h. It’s limited to 80km/h and it doesn’t seem to be updated to car manufactures map data.

Also your map creator doesn’t support variable speed limits that are also used in Finnish highways.

You should trust users that are trying to help you and not be such an untrusty data sheriff’s.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.