Forums Western Europe United Kingdom What happened to speed limits?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voice, and was last updated by Ben (HERE Moderator) 4 years, 10 months ago
  • James Barton

I used to be able to correct speed limits, but cannot do so any longer. I’ve had to submit a LOT of corrections to them in the past. In fact the Android map creator app doesn’t even show what they are any more!
    The problem is that my car warns me of a change in speed limit on a dual carriageway that doesn’t exist on the ground. How do I see what the speed limit is recorded in here maps?

James Barton

I’ve now found the web page for the map creator, which has an option to colour code roads by speed limit. But there is no key to the colours, and selecting the road only highlights it, it doesn’t pop up any information or edit ability.

Also, from the web page, I can select POIs but not edit them. What am I missing?

Ben (HERE Moderator)

Hi James,

To see the colour key click on the ‘What’s on the map?’ grey box at the top of the page. I’ve included a screengrab for you. This appears on mapcreator.here.com
    Speed limits currently aren’t available on mobile Map Creator.

The ranges of mph speed are due to it being a conversion from kmh.

HERE collect speed limits from local authorities, government agencies, HERE True field surveys and PROBE data. The data is then most up to date on map creator. This takes a little longer to get into car navigation systems.

I’ve checked and can edit and view POIs so I can only assume it was a bug over the weekend that has been fixed.

Thanks

Ben

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.