Forums General Time dependent speed limits

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voice, and was last updated by Jan (HERE Moderator) 6 years, 7 months ago
  • Eddy De Clercq

Not sure if any GPS supports this, but speed limits, mostly in the neighborhood of schools, can be time dependent. Some are only valid during start and ending of the school and at noon. During WE and school holidays these limits aren’t applicable.

Ewan Lewis

Hi Eddy,

The Garmin GPS’s do support time of day (TOD) school zone speed limits from Here Map data. That’s not to say it is invoked at all School zones where TOD speed limits change. It’s an extremely useful valued feature & so important for both safety & avoiding fines.

Ewan

Eddy De Clercq

If I understand it correctly, TOD school zones are supporthed biy Here, no? If so, where can I make adjustments in mapcreator? How can I assign/inidcate school zones anyway?

Ewan Lewis

Hi Eddy. TOD data Schoolzone data is supplied by HERE in Australia at least. This data isn’t used in their Android app, but is used by GARMIN GPSs. We as MapCreator uses don’t have access to that editing area as yet unfortunately. You need to provide that information manually to HERE via email, Facebook or maybe via this discusson board/Mapcreator.

Hope that helps.

Eddy De Clercq

That’s a rather tedious approach, no? If I need to mail all school zones in my region, I’ll be busy for ages.

Ewan Lewis

Hi Eddy,

Hopefully HERE have most of these already on the map in your region & you would only need to email one or just a few changes. Periodically HERE also drive their cars in certain areas to automatically update things like schoolzones. There’s also the feedback option. See this link below.

https://forum.mapcreator.here.com/forums/topic/inaccuracies-in-my-bray-park-queensland/#post-3565

The above link from the Oceania/Australia forum.

Cheers

Ewan
    (Contributor)

Eddy De Clercq

Ewan,
    I’m afraid that you know the Belgian situation then. The Here cars don’t coma along in our region and certainly not outside the main roads.
    So yes, it’ll be a hello of a job in order to update it and keep it correct.
    Eddy

Juan Jose Iglesias

MAP CREATORS are unable to add Populated centers (Cities, Towns, Villages or Hamlets); unable to add Traffic Lights, Speed Bumps, Fords, Pedestrian Crosswalks, Speed limits at different times of days, Restrictive channeling, etc., among many other “Characteristics” of the road.

What is the purpose them to have local mappers? or someone from India using an Hocus-Pocus trick will know better than the local mappers, the roads of every country?.

With all due respect but OpenStreetMap (OSM) data is millions times better than Here Maps; and among all, allow the GPS and In-Dash systems to be “predictive driving tools” and not just lines on a screen, with Zero added value (including safety value) like Here Maps.

Quite disappointing for a company that used to have the best maps for GPS (Navteq), and that now is a major server for Volkswagen, Audi and BMW, plus Peugeot, Citroen, DS and Renault

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Juan Jose Iglesias.
    Jan (HERE Moderator)

Adding Date and time modifiers to Speed Limits is not possible in Map Creator at the moment. You can use the “Report a Map Problem” function (right mouse click menu) to send us the feedback. Our map experts will review them and make the necessary changes to the map.

We are constantly working on new functionalities for Map Creator. In case a feature or attribute is not supported so far please use the “Report a Map Problem” function.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.