Forums Western Europe Belgium Speed limits not showing in Garmin (latest update) + wrong pronunciation of name

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voice, and was last updated by Gordon HERE Map Master (Ambassador) 4 years, 4 months ago
  • Thomas De Rocker

The 50 and 70 km/h of the "Geraardsbergse Steenweg" is not showing in my Garmin. It displays as if no speed limit is set. Is it possible to check if there are some errors?

Also, the pronunciation of the road is wrong in Garmin. I'm not sure if this is generated by the map itself or by Garmin. It should have the stress on the first syllable (read as Dutch):
    – GEE raards bergse STEEN weg
    (and not: "ge RAAR dsbergse STEENweg") because it's derived from "the road to Geraardsbergen"

Alicja HERE

Hi Thomas,
    Thank you for your feedback. I’ll contact our technical support for Garmin and see what the problem is and what can be done. I’ll get back to you as soon as I know more.
    Greetings,
    Alicja

Gordon HERE Map Master (Ambassador)

check that your map also has the phoneme file as that has the pronouciation data in it, if you do not have that then device will read out the default name which will sound different. Plus each phoneme file is map specific so a previous one will not work with current map
    plus with garmin devices you can manually change some data files so it has custom names on how they are read out

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.