Forums Western Europe United Kingdom Routing Issue for Rothersthorpe Lane NN4 8HX, Tracking Number 21893646

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voice, and was last updated by Tristan Hemsley 1 year, 2 months ago
  • Tristan Hemsley

Hi. I just added map feedback re. a routing issue for Rothersthorpe Lane NN4 8HX, Tracking Number 21893646, which was:

“Hi. I live on Rothersthorpe Lane, Northampton, NN4 8HX. When using sat nav to drive to NN4 8HX, it tries to route to my address via the new estate off Lancaster Way, but there is no route from the estate to the south end of the lane, which is blocked off to traffic as per the screenshot from Google Maps. Likewise, we often get drivers (including ambulances) following sat nav to get to NN4 8JZ, NN4 8UA and NN4 8UD driving up the north end of the lane and having to turn around when they reach the south end as there is no access to the estate. Please can this be rectified ASAP? Thanks.”

What happens next, please?

Thanks

Tristan

Ben (HERE Moderator)

Hi Tristan

When checking routing on wego.here.com to Rothershorpe Lane NN4 8HX the routing is as expected from Rothershorpe Road (see attachment as an example).
    Two of the postcodes you mention, NN4 8UA and NN4 8UD, are for the new build estate so ive got a colleague to check they are in our sources and correctly placed. I will update when that process is complete.

Ive added road names to the new estate which will improve routing overall.

Thanks, Ben

Tristan Hemsley

All noted, thanks. FYI, on Waze, if I use my postcode (NN4 8HX) the algorithm tries to route me through the new estate, so there’s an issue there (see attached image). If I use my house name or the lane name, it routes correctly. I suspect the same issue will apply to NN4 8UA and NN4 8UD, as in, they’re not correctly placed. Thanks for your help with this.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.