Forums Western Europe United Kingdom Road geometry very messy

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voice, and was last updated by Gordon HERE Map Master (Ambassador) 4 years, 4 months ago
  • Ovidiu I

Hello. first time posting here. I have a question: WHO IS MESSING WITH MY EDITS? I am trying to make everything very accurate, spend a lot of my free time to make this maps good, to correct errors, and all i get in exchange is messy maps, where i have done the edits. Knots are not toghether, straight lines are nearly zig zag, etc.
    is not the first time and i have to do the same edits 2-3 times to be corrected back.
    If saving algorithm is doing that, THEN FIX IT.
    I do free work for HERE and HERE doesnt bother at least to save the maps as i save them. Then why is the purpose of MAPCREATOR?????

Ben (HERE Moderator)

Hi Ovidiu

sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

Can you give a few lat/long locations of where you have been editing so i can take a quick look?

Thanks

Ben

Ovidiu I

Hello. A lot of the streets around this area 53.417424, -1.191499 . And this is only one example. i will not correct it for now , so you can see how is behaving. Has done that in many other places.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Ovidiu I.
    Gordon HERE Map Master (Ambassador)

Any edit that you make has to go through a moderation stage and sometimes that can take upto a few months to be looked at and approved or denied. HERE staff will change things as they have access to different satellite maps so in some cases a road you draw may not be accurate and they can be altered to the correct state.
    But you also have to remember anyone can change maps so you may do an edit at say 9pm and someone else comes along and edits it at 10pm and then if you come back and then change it again there will be conflictions in edits and HERE staff may just revert things back to the base map. It get a bit more complex the more edits that are done to one location.
    It is best to wait a week between edits of the same location to avoid issues.
    Remember that anyone no matter where they are in the world can edit any location so sometimes there is malicious edits from say example someone in canada editing something in uk and dont know the area so no point in getting angry and have an aggressive tone. Everyone except HERE staff do map edits for free and in their own time.
    Ben is the UK HERE manager so he will be able to tell what is what but you really need to give specific examples like roads names rather than a general map area

Ben (HERE Moderator)

Hi Ovidiu

I’ve endorsed your edits around the lat/long you’ve provided. Comparing the imagery with your edits everything seems to be ok now. Occasionally when additional alt sat or recent imagery layers are provided, they are not always as precisely aligned as the standard satellite image. this can lead to errors in placement of roads etc so please use your best judgement.

If you find it easier to email with attachments etc please contact mapcreatoruk@here.com with examples.

Thanks

Ben

Gordon HERE Map Master (Ambassador)

I have had to edit a few of the roads at this location due to wrong road type, you had added foot paths as “Pedestrian Road” which was wrong, all footpaths should be “Trail”, Pedestrian Roads and Pedestrian Zone should only be used in places like shopping centres or delivery access points for trucks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.