Forums Western Europe Germany Road does not exist and never has

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voice, and was last updated by Otto Schäfer 1 year, 2 months ago
  • Nicolas Wehrle

I tried editing this 3 times now and maybe it is my fault for incorrectly editing it, but this road simply does not exist. There is an agricultural road (unpaved) coming from the south that extends until the first corner. After that there is a private dirt road that extends to a backyard. Coming from the north there is a paved road connecting to the backyard. Years ago you could drive all the way through the private backyard, but about 5 years ago, they build a new house there (as you can see on the sat image) and now it is impossible to drive there. The road depicted here goes through that house.

Lele Braga

Divide the long segment in at least two parts and delete the superfluos geometry accordingly.

Nicolas Wehrle

Well i did. On my feed it says integrated yet it is not.

I have no way of adding additional information or reasoning to edits. I just can do the same again, then wait another Month for some random employee to scrap my changes again. There is no feedback, in either direction.

This system with Employees reviewing every change should create a reliable map where random people cant just complete fuck up things, but this does not work without the ability to give feedback. As of right now this map is considerably worse than openstreetmap. I wonder why this company even exists.

Georg Herrig

Hi, it’s good to look for the cause here: your edits were all accepted automatically (nothing was rejected), but there were problems integrating them into our core map (into which the input from the Map Creator flows, among many other sources). This is solved now. Gruß Georg

John Wick

Maps didn’t even took our edits seriously. Even last week i have tried to add my business profile for Scrap car Removal in Vancouver, i have tried to add that place in map 3 times, but don’t know why it got disappears after sometime. Even on video call verification this problem remains same. In my website https://www.gotscrapcar.com/ i have also tried to create a dedicated location page for google verification purposes but nothing works.

Otto Schäfer

@John Wick: I suggest to use the correct forum. This is the forum for Germany, afaik there should also be one for Canada

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.