Forums Western Europe France Recorded woth “high precision” but nevertheless, it’s wrong

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voice, and was last updated by Gordon HERE Map Master (Ambassador) 3 years, 6 months ago
  • D. Beuken

This road is classified as "Recorded with high precision" but actually the road is devided into two one way lanes. GPS users get messages to turn right or left on this road but they can't. I hope this can be corrected although it's a road which was recorded with high precision.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by D. Beuken.
    Gordon HERE Map Master (Ambassador)

road is showing as two one way roads and no crossover points so you should not be getting told to turn left or right along it.
    It may be the gps data on your device is out of date. I have done a similation drive of the route using latest 2020.Q2 map data (this map although dated 2020 is actually map data from late 2018) and everything works fine

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Gordon HERE Map Master (Ambassador).
    D. Beuken

I corrected the road, that’s why it shows two one way roads now (again). Before I editted the road it was a bi-directional road without separation in the middle. This was last Tuesday. I just wondered why a road that was recorded with high precision is actually wrong on the map.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by D. Beuken.
    Gordon HERE Map Master (Ambassador)

it all depends when the road was driven on by HERE cars, it may have been a while ago when road layout was different, plus high profile roads can be listed as such but never driven on, HERE have very specific ways and rules on how things are marked so its possible it was tagged as high precision but not checked. Anyway, its now correct so will be on car gps systems within next 2 years!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.