Forums Western Europe United Kingdom Pedestrian Path over Humber Bridge

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voice, and was last updated by Peter Smurthwaite 6 years, 7 months ago
  • Peter Smurthwaite

How do I show a pedestrian path over the Humber Bridge. When I try to navigate this it shows a 60 mile detour?

Claire Robinson – HERE UK and Ireland

Hi Peter, thanks for your post!
    Sorry to hear about your navigation issue, due to the missing walkway. Map Creator is the right tool to report these map errors to us, whereby it is now editable by yourself for many features, including geometry.
    Sign into Map Creator. Then, you can add in a ‘Trail’ by clicking on the ‘Add Road’ button in the editing menu found on the right hand side. As soon as that is selected you can start at the point where the trail begins and continue to draw the geometry as it is to reality, with the aerial imagery to guide and help you too. Once you have finished your trial and connected it to the other side of the Humber Bridge, there will be a pop up asking if this is an overpass, underpass or simply connects to the road. You can select overpass here. I attach a screenshot. You can then also add a name to trail if there is one in reality. Otherwise, most of the time, our trials are unnamed.
    Hope this helps, and don’t hesitate to post some more queries or questions on this topic!
    Thanks, Claire

Peter Smurthwaite

Hi Claire,
    Thanks for your reply. The trail is actually a paved pathway by the side of the road bridge and the only way I could get it all the way across the bridge was to do it in small segments, hope that is all right. I have done one side of the bridge and will do the other side later if it works OK. By the way I noticed that it is not marked as a toll bridge (£1.50 to cross), can I change this?

Cheers – Peter

Claire Robinson – HERE UK and Ireland

Hi Peter,
    Sorry for the misunderstanding there, I’ve checked out your edits and the walkway over the bridge looks great! Regarding the toll, please do use the ‘Other attributes’ editing menu and use the ‘Toll Road’ check box to mark it as toll – we do currently have this in our database as a toll road though, as it is marked as you enter the bridge at the North, so this will be reflected in our systems for navigational purposes (i.e. to avoid these toll roads if selected). Thanks.

Ben (HERE Moderator)

Hi Peter

The HERE database wrongly excluded pedestrians from the Humber Bridge and indeed forced a rather long detour via the Goole area which was less than ideal.

I was investigating a different issue in the area then noted the conversation here. Ive changed the access characteristics on the Humber Bridge so that pedestrians are allowed across from the viewing park areas of the north bank to Far Ings Road on the southbound.
    Thanks, Ben

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Ben (HERE Moderator).
    Peter Smurthwaite

Hi Ben,
    Thanks for doing that it makes it a lot better. Does this mean it will work for cyclists as well? It is a path for pedestrians and cyclists which I cycle over quite often.

Cheers – Peter

Ben (HERE Moderator)

Hi Peter, Yes it will include cyclists, ob both sides of road. I’ve flagged the different access points which are either level/ramped or stepped as well.
    Thanks, Ben

Peter Smurthwaite

Hi Ben,
    Thanks very much for that, I look forward to using it when it goes live and I cycle over the bridge.
    Cheers – Peter

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.