Forums Western Europe United Kingdom Map updates “Under Review”, Is this platform still alive?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voice, and was last updated by Phil LG 1 year, 5 months ago
  • Joseph McLoughlin

I’ve recently started using a in car Sat Nav system that is powered by the Here maps.

I’ve found a lot of local road closures in my area (West London – UK) are not reflected in the sat nav, so I’m navigated along dead end streets that end with emergency access barriers. Some of these are not recent road closures, they go back years. No other mapping service seems to be this out of date.

Ok so mapping is hard and that’s forgivable, I found this site as a way to correct the mistakes.

Great so I’ve updated my local roads to correctly reflect the situation,
    but it’s been 3 weeks and they are still under review.

I already know it’s gonna takes months for these update to trickle down into updates to my satnav data but now I’ve started questioning what is the point of putting the effort in if my changes are not being reviewed.
    What makes it worse is I know I have to pay for a yearly subscription for my car to get these updates!

So admins of this site
    Is this platform still alive?
    What time scale are changes reviewed in?
    Do you have the power to auto approve and skip this review process?

Thanks

Claire Robinson

Hi Joseph,
    Thanks for your post here.
    I’m getting one of our field team to look into your edits and the situations you describe.
    With regard to your edits which haven’t been approved, we do have a stringent quality and validation process in place to check each edit – and then indeed, it will then depend on when your car manufacturer takes an update and thus your in car system is updated. Our App (HEREWeGo) is quicker along with our other online platforms.
    I can add you to our ‘trusted’ user community on review – which ensures edits are processed quicker (around a week-2 weeks)
    But once again, thanks for your valued edits and using the tool.
    I’ll hopefully have some feedback for you this week.
    Thanks,
    Claire

Joseph McLoughlin

Hi Claire,

Thanks for your quick reply.

> I can add you to our ‘trusted’ user community on review – which ensures edits are processed quicker (around a week-2 weeks)

That would be awesome, thanks.

Nicholas Lucaroni

Also seeing things since March be “under review”, some also have a date of August 26th, which is weird since I was not using the app then. Does that indicate someone was trying to review them?

Mingsen Tan

I am puzzled if there’s “guideline” on review period, I have created quite some places, but all has been “under review”, noted they may need times for quality control, but valid places with all details available also took more than a month would be something not so right.

Phil LG

Hi Claire

Would it be possible to double check the progress of my reviews? I have a number that have been under review for quite a while.

Thanks for your help!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Phil LG. Reason: Correcting a typo
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.