Forums Western Europe United Kingdom Imported GPX Routes.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 11 voice, and was last updated by Mark Glover 1 year, 11 months ago
  • Steve M

Hi.

Here WeGo brilliant for general GPS mapping. I signed up for the beta to enable other forms of transport (bicycle) but it seems the Android app has subsequently reverted back to the standard one.

I was also excited to find that I could upload a GPX route into HERE Map Creator (GraphHopper routes fantastic for cyclist to avoid main roads, unlike HERE routes). I had hoped that by doing so I could log on Here WeGo and find my route as a favourite. Sadly it was not to be.

How can I get a GPX route loaded into My Geospace into Here WeGo? Once there, hopefully Here WeGo will be able to follow it and give turn-by-turn directions.

I am finding it very difficult to do this in any app. It will be fantastic to be able to do it with Here WeGo.

Many thanks.

Steve.

Claire Robinson

Hi Steve,
    Thanks a lot for your post and comments.
    You are correct unfortunately at the moment you are unable to do this as currently the two Apps are not connected but we’re hoping later on this year or at some point in the future that this would be possible!
    Thanks again for using HERE maps and Apps 🙂

Eric Knaapen

Hi Claire, is it possible to import .gpx routes in Here wego?

Ben (HERE Moderator)

Hi Eric,

You can indeed by clicking on ‘Your Geospace’ on bottom of the left hand menu. Currently GeoJson, KML, GPX, Shapefile or CSV formats can be uploaded.

If you load a GPX file, it will be shared with the community.

Thanks,

Ben

Ann Larsen

Hi Ben,

Unfortunately nothing shows on my left hand menu in my Android app. Im running a Danish version. Could that be an explanation?

BR,
    Mette

Nick ske

Hi Ann and Ben, so I’m using the Dutch version, but I can’t find it either where my uploaded GPX route is after uploading it to ‘my geospace’. So where can I find my own uploaded route in the app (android)?
    Thanks!

Ben (HERE Moderator)

Hi Ann and Nick

Sorry in my original post i should have stated that gpx uploads are only available currently on the web version (desktop) at https://mapcreator.here.com/?l=51.5064,-0.1272,10,normal

Nick – this is currently only on desktop. I have reported this to our development team as a future improvement.

Thanks,

Ben

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Ben (HERE Moderator).
    Jordy Jacobs

Dear Ben and the rest,
    I was wondering if there is any update on this topic? By now, is there any way to import an GPX file, and of course sync it with the here wego app?
    If it’s through the browser or directly through the app.

I also want to say I love the here wego app (used it on my ‘old’ windows 8.1 phone) and now on my android again (after a long time) and still love it, for the development team nice improvements.

Hope we see the GPX import to (I like it to use it for motor routes).

Any questions let me know.

btw Hey Nick ske for the Netherlands to here.

Tuomo Saarinen

If I record GPX when driving a car, can anyone else see it… or how I can share them to map creators? There are many trips in my Geospace

Mark Payne

I have the same question (more or less). I have used the ‘Your Geospace’ function to upload and visualise some shapefiles, and have a perfect map now – just I see no way to be able to share it, either privately or publicly? So not really sure why this feature is there at all?

Claire Robinson

Hi,
    This at the moment is unfortunately not a feature in Map Creator – and your traces are for your own editing.
    We do, however, have our upload portal where you can upload your data (you have to be the owner of it) and for others to download and use: https://upload.here.com/
    Thanks,
    Claire

Jordy Jacobs

Dear Claire,

I tried the link but I don’t really get how it work. where can we find the uploaded stuff back? Beside I was wondering do you know if there is any update with the development team.
    the last post from you colleague was that he would report this to the development team, see below.

January 8, 2021 at 04:08 pm
    This is currently only on desktop. I have reported this to our development team as a future improvement.

A Lien

Hi,
    I’m new “here” and I guess I have the same question as Jordy Jacobs recently and Nick ske about a year ago: To figure out how it all works I uploaded a simple GPX file and I can see the route in an otherwise nearly blank, practically useless map (attached).
    How can I enter my route into a real map that I can download and take on the road?

Mark Glover

Hi there. I have imported a GPX file into the geospace, but cannot find how to display it on the app (iphone).

Please advise. Thanks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.