Forums Western Europe United Kingdom Dead End

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voice, and was last updated by Terry Bates 2 years, 7 months ago
  • Richard Rees-Jones

How do I tag this as a dead end – delivery drivers think it's a through road to other properties

Gordon HERE Map Master (Ambassador)

the road is fine you do not need to do anything.
    the road serves the first farm and terminates at the second one.
    its the delivery drivers fault if they presume something, not the fault of the map

Terry Bates

If you see people doing that and it’s not on Here Maps it’s probably on another mapping system they are using. Google have been known to bump their cars up unmade roads, put them on their maps and I see that round here as they bounce down farm tracks. I know it’s them since it’s on their map, and it’s on Streetview and the road is marked up as a deadend. :). Not the rest way to the country hotel.

I have got that one taken off Here Maps where it goes unmade… take the long way round :).

It’s an issue in the countryside where only paved roads should be shown else if they connect to main roads and they aren’t paved then the routing system will take the best road which may well be judged to be the one digitised incorrectly or care needs to be taken with the paved flag and customers of these systems need to take note of the paving flag else you get this nonsense. Private farm tracks are the ones that arm chair mappers get incorrect since they haven’t seen the road and enter them in as paved.

Tom Tom has tank tracks at our local live firing range… unless driving a tank you would be advised not to try it…. I’ve told them about that. MOD has notices out “ignore your satnav”.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.