Forums North America United States Can't seem to get Here Map representatives to listen.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voice, and was last updated by Dana Archer 5 years, 7 months ago
  • Roy Aycock

Who to call reference a guy sitting behind a desk telling me that a part of the subdivision does not exist and that there is no road when in fact the road is in the county mapping system and that part of the subdivision has approximately 20 houses on it.

Dana Archer

There is no one to talk to and apparently no one to write to. I know, because I had to dig deep into the bowels of the HERE website to find a way to contact someone in the company. I finally had to submit my message and ask that it be forwarded to whomever is in charge of quality control for United States maps. I detailed my complaints about how my well-researched and verified edits were constantly being rejected. That was over a month ago and I have yet to receive a response. Those who continue to reject my edits seem to have no idea about California traffic laws and certainly, no local knowledge of the area where I live. I’ve included links to laws and photos of streets and signage and frequently nothing seems to work. Sometimes I’ll submit something over and over again and it will FINALLY get approved. Sometimes I get notice that my edits have been approved: “Congratulations!” it says. Then I go and check on it only to find that it hasn’t been approved at all, or only one of a few changes to a road segment has been approved. Then I’ll go back and try it again and it’ll often be approved then. Anyway, give me the road information that you’re trying to get approved; I’ll research it and add it, then you can go and approve my edit if you “Adopt” the neighborhood. HERE REALLY seems averse to correcting changes in turn restrictions no matter how much I back them up with facts.

Roy Aycock

Dana,
    Went in and approved some of the edits that you made since Here representatives are not listening. Good luck. I will keep a check on your section for you……..

Dana Archer

Thanks, Roy. Where is the road you’re trying to get approved?

Dana Archer

Roy: Thanks for your help in cleaning up some of those roads. I okay’d them.

Roy Aycock

I guess that’s it left up to us since the Here representatives won’t listen. I use to be a Police Chief in a small town here and they keep changing the name of a road and the speed limit on various roads in which I travel every day. They are constantly changing subdivisions and saying that they don’t exist. Had to put in 3 streets in one subdivision 5 times because they said that they didn’t exist. Finally, they put it in. One subdivision, they kept joining two subdivisions with a road that don’t exist. Had to change this 4 times as there was woods between them and I sent them photos and county maps and they still changed it back. Just changed the speed limit on 3 roads this morning that keeps changing back to no speed limit. It’s all over the place. I don’t feel sorry for the Here representatives as they hire these people that know nothing about what they are doing. When someone gets hurt or dies because of their incompetence, they may get sued. Anyway, I have adopted your neighborhood so any changes that you make, I will approve them because it’s obvious no one else will.

Dana Archer

Thanks. I approved a bunch of your edits in your area. Let’s hope they stick.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.