Forums Western Europe Belgium Can I see images uploaded in the android Map Creator app, on the map creator web

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voice, and was last updated by Rudy B 4 years, 4 months ago
  • Rudy B

Hi,

I Have taken a few pictures in the Map Creator android add, and uploaded them, using my Map Creator account.

I thought I would see these images when I logged in using the same account on the Map Creator website, but so far I have not found them ?

Thanks

Gordon HERE Map Master (Ambassador)

On the left hand side click the envelope, then tick the map data always on and also tick images and then they will all show up

Rudy B

Thanks for the response,

I allready have ‘map data always on’ ticked in the geospace, but where can I tick ‘images’ ?

Thanks

Gordon HERE Map Master (Ambassador)

if you give me a map location where you uploaded image i can see if they are there

here is screenshots of where images are uploaded and activated

Rudy B

Ah ok, I do not have the options for images and GPX …

Not sure how to give you the map location.
    It is in Belgium, city of Ostend at the intersection of Stuiverstraat and Wingerdstraat.

Thanks

Rudy B

OK, there is some change.

I took 2 more pcitures in Here Map Creator App on Android. And again uploaded them. They were taken some 50 meters apart from each other

Now When i open my Geospace on the web application it says I have 2 pcitures. When I click on Manage Objects, it shows 2 lines dated today .

The problems I have now is
    Altough there are 2 pictures only the second one is shown on the map in the web application, and it is shown in the location where the first one was taken.

Another problem was, that after taking the picture on the Android device, the GPS location was not exact, so I tried to drag the map to position it correctly. But it would never stay on the corrected location, as soon as I lifted my finger, the map moved back to the GPS location ….

The only difference between the pictures I took today and my previous attempt is last time I was not logged in in the app, while taking the pictures. Today I was. On both occasions the pictures were saved to my outbox, and I uploaded them when I got home …

Thanks

Rudy B

OK, took 2 more picrtures, while logged in. Did not save them to outbox but send them immediately.

When coming back home and logging in on the web on my pc. The 2 new images are not there. Only those of yesterday 🙁

Rudy B

Uninstalled the app on my phone and then reinstalled it

Took a new picture and uploaded it.
    Did not show in Desktop Mapcreator

Then I remebered that the 2 images that did show up, were marked as ‘traffic sign’ type of info.
    Then I took again a new picture, marked it as ‘Traffic sign’ type and that one showed up too .

No idea what type of info the first 4 pictures were. I did not choose it my, self, let the default type as it was.

So to sum it up till now : of the 8 pictures I took,, 3 made it to the desktop version of Map Creator,
    All tree marked as traffic sign type info.
    One of them got a wrong geo location tag

Rudy B

Finally, I took 4 times the same picture, each time choosing a different type of info in Mobile Map Creator app, and uploaded them.
    2 made it to the desktop, the traffic sign type and the ‘other’ type.
    ‘Road’ and ‘place’ type did not make it to the desktop.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Rudy B.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.