Forums Western Europe United Kingdom Bulk editing of speed limits

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voice, and was last updated by Ben (HERE Moderator) 5 years, 5 months ago
  • James Bancroft

I’m changing the speed limit for a housing estate where all the roads have been reduced to 20mph. Is there a way to change all the roads in a given area at once rather than having to do each piece individually?

Ben (HERE Moderator)

Hi James,

Unfortunately that facility is not available at the moment.

For information – to select multiple links to edit other things, hold shift and drag the mouse to select.
    To select all roads with the same name that are in-view hold the alt button and double click the left mouse button.

Thanks,

Ben

James Barton

This ability would be a really good thing to add. I came to the forum to suggest it, only to find it has been mentioned recently here.

In the UK more and more 20 mph zones are being created. It is an amazingly time consuming job to try and edit individual roads. For example, the whole of Hartlepool Headland is a 20 zone, yet EVERY road had until I started changing them a 30 mph limit. I have only done the main roads because I’m getting RSI 😉

Unfortunately the locals don’t seem to actually concern themselves with the speed limit, so as it happens, the average speed is still more or less the same – MOSTLY under 30mph!

Luckily my car does not TOTALLY rely on the here maps, it also recognises speed limit signs, so I do get the correct information shown in my navigation map.

Ben (HERE Moderator)

Hi James,

If an area is quite large i can always make the change directly in the HERE Core Map. Feel free to send the details to mapcreatoruk@here.com

Thanks

Ben

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.