Forums Western Europe United Kingdom Again Duplicate Roads on Acceptance

This topic contains 62 replies, has 6 voice, and was last updated by Gordon HERE Map Master (Ambassador) 6 years, 2 months ago
  • Stephen Dadda

Another check on SO16 6QH and Dale Road has now been reconnected to the Winchester Road side of the roundabout at its junction with Dale Valley Road. The 2 roundabouts in Tremona Road are still without speed limits.
    Attached screen shots taken at about 07:15 am 22/11/2017.

Stephen Dadda

It looks as if the SO16 6QH is now 100% correct again. The speed limit has been reinstated on the 2 roundabouts in Tremona Road. I wonder for how long it will remain like this.
    Attached screen shots taken at about 10:00 am 23/11/2017.

Stephen Dadda

Another day and more changes to roads in the SO16 6QH post code search area.
    2 sections of the hospital exit road on to the Tremona Road roundabout have now become 20 mph areas in the last 24 hours. The hospital site speed limit in this area is 15 mph.
    The section of the hospital site road selected for edit is the ambulance only access road to the A&E department. At some stage since I edited it to emergency vehicle access only it has reverted to all vehicles. Due to other issues with the roads and roundabouts I have not checked this section of road.
    Attached screen shot taken at about 07:45 am 27/11/2017.

Stephen Dadda

After a few days of no changes to what was the correct road layout edits have again been made to the 2 roundabouts in Tremona Road. Roads have reappeared in the middle of the roundabout at the junction of Dale Road and there are unconnected junctions on both roundabouts.
    Screen shots attached were taken at about 09:30 am 07/12/2017.
    I will leave HERE staff to resolve the problems with these roads and roundabouts.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Stephen Dadda. Reason: correct typo
    Stephen Dadda

Another day and now changes to the roundabout at the junction of Dale Road and Dale Valley Road, Southampton.
    Will these roads ever be correct?
    I am not making edits but just recording the changes in the hope that somebody at HERE can get to the bottom of what is going on.
    Attached screen images taken at about 11:50 am 08/12/2017.

Claire Robinson

Hi Stephen,
    Thanks for your posts here.
    We are looking into this… our previous root cause analysis on this showed it was due to overlap between different Map Creator users coding the junction and in the area and this causing issues during the integration and coding from our moderation teams.
    We are working to getting to the bottom of it, and apologise once again. Your post helps us in giving feedback about the tool and in developing our processes.
    Thank you

Stephen Dadda

After a few days of stability (even if the road layout is wrong) more changes to the roads around the SO16 6QH post code.
    I have made no recent edits to these roads.
    The roundabout at the junction of Dale Road and Dale Valley Road seems to have disappeared. Dale Road has been divided in to 2 separate unconnected roads. Dale Valley Road is only connected to 1 section of Dale Road.
    The hospital exit road to the roundabout in Tremona Road has been completely deleted.
    Will these roads ever be correct again?
    Attached screenshots taken at about 17:30 pm 14/12/2017

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Stephen Dadda. Reason: typo correction
    Stephen Dadda

A new morning and more changes to the roads around the SO16 6QH post code.
    The road layout now looks correct and all roads and roundabouts have the junctions connected. The newly reinstated hospital exit road, part of Tremona Road and 2 of the 3 roundabouts do not have a speed limit set as shown in the attached screen shots.
    I have made no recent edits to these roads and roundabouts and will again leave HERE staff to resolve the remaining issues. Will it be correct for Christmas?????
    Screenshots taken about 09:30 am 15/12/2017.

Stephen Dadda

Another morning and the speed limits have been reinstated on the roundabouts on the public highways and on the hospital site exit road. The speed limits on this section of the hospital site roads is 15 mph rather than 20 mph but best left alone given the history of mysterious changes to these roads.
    Will the roads and roundabouts now remain stable and not receive yet more changes?
    Attached screenshots taken at about 11:40 am 16/12/2017.

Stephen Dadda

Having looked OK when I checked this morning some 12 hours latter roads and half a roundabout have again disappeared from the roads around SO16 6QH post code.
    Half of the roundabout at the junction of Dale Road and Tremona Road is missing
    The hospital exit road to the second roundabout in Tremona Road is missing
    Part of Tremona Road from the same roundabout is missing.
    I have made no recent edits to these roads and roundabouts.
    Attached screen shots taken at about 21:00 20/12/2017.

Gordon HERE Map Master (Ambassador)

I agree this location is a right mess and despite it being correct it gets deleted not sure if it was the person called “Winston Wolf” that deleted it as they were the last person to edit it on December 19th at 9.39am and things vanished after they edited it

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Gordon HERE Map Master (Ambassador).
    Stephen Dadda

Yet more incorrect changes to the roads around the SO16 6QH post code.
    The roundabout at the junction of Dale Road and Dale Valley Road now has missing connections.
    Incorrect sections of road have been added between the 2 roundabouts or the 1.5 roundabouts that remained after the previous incorrect edits in Tremona Road.
    Attached screenshots taken at about 20:00 22/12/2017

Stephen Dadda

Another day and more changes to the road layouts around SO16 6QH post code.
    The road layout is now correct for the 3 roundabouts and Tremona Road, Dale Road, Dale Valley Road and the hospital site exit road to the roundabout. Speed limits are correct but junctions are still unconnected on the roundabout at the junction of Dale Road and Dale Valley Road.
    I will leave the remaining corrections to HERE staff to make due to the ongoing issues with edits to this area.
    Attached screenshots taken at about 09:40 am 24/12/2017.

Stephen Dadda

More changes to the roads around SO16 6QH post code. The missing junction connections on the roundabout at the junction of Dale Road and Dale Valley Road have now been input. The road layout is again correct as it has been several times in the past. Attached screen shots taken at 21:00 24/12/2017.
    Will the roads still be correct on Christmas Day?

Stephen Dadda

After being correct over Christmas and New Year further incorrect edits have been made to roads and roundabouts around SO16 6QH post code.
    The roundabout at the junction of Dale Road and Dale Valley Road now has a newly added part of Dale Road running through the middle of it. The junctions of the newly added and unrequired section of Dale Road are unconnected to the roundabout
    I will leave it to HERE staff to investigate and resolve the issues on these roads.
    Attached screenshots taken at about 09:40am 04/01/2018

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.