Forums Western Europe United Kingdom Added and Approved Changes have Disappeared

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voice, and was last updated by Andrew Gransden 6 years, 7 months ago
  • Andrew Gransden

I have had a number of changes around Elgin in Moray approved but parts of my submissions have simply disappeared. What is happening? These mostly cover cycle/foot path following the River Lossie flood alleviation work and in Cooper Park.

Claire Robinson – HERE UK and Ireland

Hi Andrew,
    I’ve asked Ben to investigate this in the system and with the moderation team. We’ll let you know as soon as possible, apologies about this.
    Thanks, Claire

Andrew Gransden

Thanks Claire

Please let Ben know I have added back the ‘missing’ trails with new edits.

I have also noticed that on acceptance some submitted changes have been reversed rather than rejected. This particularly applies to signed speed limits. With many farm access lanes and private roads/tracks in my rural area no legal speed limit applies. I have marked most of these as limited access but without them users would not be able to navigate to within half to several miles from a destination.

Andrew

Gordon HERE Map Master (Ambassador)

just because there is no signs the speedlimit is still 60mph as national speed limit applies, it does not mean you can drive at any speed above that.

Andrew Gransden

In most cases in would be impossible to exceed 30mph on these unpaved roads. The national speed limit only applies to public, adopted roads. Unless you can quote the Highway Code that says otherwise.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Andrew Gransden.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Andrew Gransden.
    Andrew Gransden

I stand corrected. The Road Traffic Act 1988 Sect 192 defines a road as:

(a) in relation to England and Wales, means any highway and any other road to which the public has access, and includes bridges over which a road passes, and
    (b) in relation to Scotland, means any road within the meaning of the Roads (Scotland) Act 1984 and any other way to which the public has access, and includes bridges over which a road passes

The only exception would appear to be if it is marked Private and access to the public is barred.

Therefore, the national speed limit would apply to farm/forest tracks even it such speeds are impossible.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.